Me: Still on for bar hopping tomorrow tonight?

Harry: Of course. Looking forward to seeing you drunk again ;)

I roll my eyes and laugh to myself, replaying last weekend in my head.

Me: As long as you don't walk me to my door, we should be fine.

Harry: But what if I want to?

What? My pulse immediately quickens as I read his question over and over. Didn't he just say two days ago that he wants to take things slow? He's joking. He has to be.

Me: Stop teasing me and get back to work. I'll see you tomorrow.

Harry: Can't wait. x

I put my phone on my desk and rest my face in my hands, still trying to calm my nerves.

"So," Jeremy says, interrupting my internal freak out. I spin back around to face him. "Where are we going?"

Work ends and Jeremy and I head to our usual drinking spot. We invited Ava, but Dave in accounting seemed to get to her first. I've met him a few times before. He's incredibly charming and incredibly attractive and couldn't be more perfect for her. He's older than she is, with a hint of silver scattered throughout his dark hair, and he reminds me of a slightly older looking Bradley Cooper. Needless to say, she hit the jackpot.

As soon as I plant myself on a barstool, Jeremy hands me a shot. He's very familiar with the bartender, so he gets served immediately whenever we come here. One shot turns into multiple and by the time the sun sets, him and I are hanging on each other and trying not to slur our speech.

"This was a horrible idea to drink on a Wednesday." I say, leaning into Jeremy so he can hear me over the loud music.

"We're young, we're fun, who gives a shit? Work sucks anyways. A hangover couldn't possibly make it worse." He lifts his glass up to cheers and I do the same, laughing. "Now spill it, bitch."

I take a deep sigh and tell him everything, even things I didn't think I remembered. He nods and lets out a 'mhmm' every so often. Talking about my past leads me to talk about Harry and how much fun I'm having with him and how he's the first real thing I've had since everything happened and I'm finally starting to feel alive. Not that I wasn't alive before, but I always had an emptiness that I couldn't seem to fill no matter what I did. I always told myself that I was fine on my own, but maybe I wasn't. Maybe Harry is exactly what I need to feel whole again.

After a few hours of talking and drinking, we both stumble home. Thankfully, we live on the same block so neither of us had to walk home alone.

I get inside and strip down at the door, not wanting to be in uncomfortable clothes anymore. I bump into pretty much everything in my apartment before finally reaching my room. I throw on some random pajamas before walking back out to my purse. I don't even think about my actions as I pick up my phone, the ringing sound filling my ears.

"Emma?" Harry's voice is deep and raspy, most likely from sleep.

"Hiiiiiiii." I say, giggling afterwards.

"Emma, are you drunk?" He asks, and I giggle louder.

"I don't know. Why? Do I sound drunk?" I can hear him chuckling on the other end.

"You need to go to bed." He says and I huff.

"Well, you're no fun."

"Is that so?"

"Come over." I can't help but smile at my drunken confidence.

"We both know I can't do that."

"But whyyyyyy?" I whine and he chuckles again.

"You know why. Go to bed, Emma."

"I don't want to. I want you here."

"As much as I absolutley love that you want me there, you need to go to bed. We've got a lot of work to do tomorrow night and I can't have you falling asleep on me."

"You're cute."

"As are you, love. Go to bed."

"Hmmm. I like it when you call me love." He laughs and my heart skips a beat at the thought of seeing him smile.

"Goodnight, Emma." He says, still laughing, and hangs up the phone.

I think long and hard about calling him back, but instead of embarrassing myself even further, I slip under the covers, close my eyes and fill my head with thoughts of those green eyes and perfect smile and I adore so much.

............................

I can't believe this story has gotten over 350 views and over 100 votes! You guys are amazing and I can't tell you how much this means to me. I really hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it :) Please keep voting and commenting! I absolutely love reading them! xx

P.S. PLEEEASE tell me you all listened to Perfect this morning! So amazing. Every time I hear the word perfect, Liam immediately pops into my head and I can't help but laugh :)