"So where are we going?" Hope asked.

"Just through here."

Kate pushed open a set of double doors at the end of one corridor that opened up into a dark and empty part of the cellar. Well, Hope thought it was empty at first. Motion sensors felt their arrival and switched on a circle of lights placed around the middle of the dusty floor. In the middle of the circle stood a blue wooden box with the words 'Police Box' written near the top.

"You've heard of us, what do you know of the Doctor?" Kate asked, circling the box.

"Whispers and rumours, nothing more. Most of it too extreme to believe."

"I'll wager most of what you've heard about him is actually true."

"This is his spaceship?"

"It's called the TARDIS." Kate explained, "Time and Relative Dimension in Space."

"Is he in there?" Hope asked, trying the handle.

"No and it's locked."

"So where is he?"

"That's why you're here."

Hope stifled a laugh, "Skilled as I am, I think I might be out of my depth searching for a two thousand year old, time travelling alien."

"Well, you're my last hope of finding him. We know he's on Earth, he'd never leave without his TARDIS after all."

"Did he leave it here?"

"No, whether the Doctor makes contact with us on his visits or not, we are ever watchful of him in case he needs our help or we need his. He landed nearly three weeks ago with one of his companions, Clara."

"She's missing too?"

"Yes."

"Her a might be able to help with."

"Perhaps not, we have reason to believe the Weeping Angels are on Earth."

"And they are?"

"Aliens, who look nothing more than statues to us. And that is exactly what they become when you're looking at them."

"I don't understand."

"Well, when they're not being watched they can move about freely. Their touch can send you back in time. We're certain the Doctor is being held by them, but where we don't know. Clara might be with him but if she's been touched by an Angel then..."

"She could be trapped in the sixties."

"Or another point in time, yes. You get the picture."

"Yes. Tell me more about where you found the TARDIS."

"On one of the platforms at Oxford Circus."

"Do you have CCTV footage?"

"Yes, back this way."

Kate led Hope back to the main control room where rows of desks, computers and machinery were filled with busy workers all looking for the Doctor and Clara. A large monitor sat on one wall which comprised of several smaller screens. The central and largest screen came to life when Kate began tapping away on a server beneath it.

"We have them arriving a little after eleven on a Tuesday morning."

Hope watched in surprise when the TARDIS suddenly materialised out of nowhere and landed on the stations platform. The doors opened after a minute or two and out stepped a young woman with long brown hair, wearing a cream and gold dress with a very short skirt. Behind her an older, tall and thin man followed her out. His hair was silver and peppered with darker greys whilst his fashion sense was dated compared to Clara's.