Chapter 2

The sound of the creaking door echoed around the empty hallways as Naruto walked through. He loved coming early to school, when there was no one there. No people to hurt him, no one to make fun of him, make hime feel worthless. He could just wander around in freedom without the fear of someone finding him. The sunshine blonde made his way to the rooftops of the school. Usually no one was bothered to come up here so it made the perfect place for him to stay while waiting for school to start.

The sky was gloomy with the heavy grey clouds floating through. A gentle, cold breeze rushed by. The blonde held his jacket closer to him. He looked down on his arms.

"Shit."

The blue-black bruises shone in contrast to his tan skin.

"Looks like a fricking neon light." Naruto said to himself. He pulled the sleeves of his sweat-shirt to cover the colourful markings. The blonde laid on his back, looking up at the sky. He closed his blue, sapphire eyes and drifted off into oblivion.

"RRRIIIIIINNG!"

Naruto jumped up from his nap. He yawned cutely and stretched to remove the kinks in his arms and back. Slowly getting up, he picked his bag and ran down to his class. Jogging to get to his class the hallways were already empty.He hoped he wouldn't have to meet...

"Hey look! It's the loser!"

'FUCK!" Naruto mentally screamed as he turned around to see a shaggy brunette boy. He had tanner skin with red triangles going down his face. Some kind of weird tattoo really. Along side him, were 3 other boys.

One had long brown hair and pale eyes. He was stark pale. Another had fire red hair, with green seafoam and the kanji letter of 'love' tattooed on the side of his forehead.

'What's up with this group and their weird ass face tattoos." Naruto thought as he looked at them with empty eyes.

The final boy, or the bastard in Naruto's view, was unfortunately the most handsome one of them all. He was again stark pale and his hair shone with a glossy blue-black hue. Dark obsidian eyes bore down to and through the blonde as they stared at each other.

He was the most popular in the school. People worshipped the very ground he walked on and that made Naruto sick because deep down he knew what kind of person he was. The boy's name was Sasuke...

And they were mortal enemies.

Naruto looked at Kiba with tired eyes. "The fuck you want dog-breath?"

Suddenly the blonde felt himself get thrashed onto the lockers as Kiba grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and smashed him onto them.

"What the hell did you say?!" Kiba looked at him with anger in his eyes and kneed him in the stomach.

"Ahh!" Naruto struggled and felt the wind get knocked out of him. He slumped down to the floor. While Kiba was already pulling his arm back to punch the blonde, Naruto kicked him in the knees and sent him sprawling to the floor. Neji grabbed Naruto by his arms and was about the thrown him to the other side when a deep voice stopped him.

"Leave him to me."

Neji turned around to see Sasuke walking up to him. He let go on Naruto and kicked him to the ground.

"Beat the shit out of him." Neji said before walking away to class with Gaara and Kiba by his side. When the trio of footsteps faded into the background, Sasuke looked down at the thin blonde before kicking him in the stomach again.

"Pathetic." Sasuke smirked as he grabbed Naruto by the collar and again bashed him onto the lockers.

"Bastard!" Out of all the boys, he hated Sasuke the most. Always acting like he was better than everyone, was privileged with everything and anything but always taking it for granted but the real reason he hated Sasuke was because they were friends.

They were the best of friends ever since kindergarten. They were together 24/7. Sasuke shielded Naruto, protected him from others and gave him someone to depend on while Naruto gave Sasuke the opportunity to be himself, to smile and laugh, to be a child. They promised to never leave, to always be by each others side. Nothing could ever separate them.

At least that was what Naruto thought. Ever since 7the grade, everything all changed. Sasuke distanced himself, completely ignored the blonde and he no longer protected Naruto from his bullies. He watched Naruto get beaten up, watched him cry and break down and did absolutely nothing. At 8th grade, he joined the others and began hurting the blonde.

And that betrayal broke Naruto's heart the most.

" I don't know why I bother with you, but seeing you this worthless is pretty fun." Sasuke smirked and let go on Naruto. Naruto fell onto the ground and looked up at the raven-haired boy. Sasuke looked into Naruto's beautiful sapphire eyes that were laced with pain and heart-break and Sasuke felt his heart-string's fray. The raven just looked away and began walking towards his class.

'Don't... Don't go there' Sasuke said to himself.

Naruto looked towards Sasuke as he began walking away and he felt tears drip down from his eyes.

'What happened Sasuke... What did I do to make you hate me so much..."