Chapter 12 - Discovery

Aphmau's POV

     Laurence smiled at me and held out his hand. "May I have this dance?" My cheeks felt hot. I was more than sure I was blushing so much I could've passed for a tomato. "You may." I giggled.

     We fast-walked to the dance floor, him dragging me along by holding my hand, and started jumping and waving our arms around like maniacs. This is my version of dancing, and I don't care one bit what anyone thinks of it.

     After about a half hour of waving our arms around and jumping, the song changed to a much more sweet and romantic song.

     Now, mind you, I never learned how to slow-dance. I've seen it in movies, but I haven't done the actual thing.

     "Uhm..." Laurence blushed. From the looks of him grabbing my hands and putting them up to my face, he didn't know how to slow dance either.

     We both looked around and saw Garroth and Cadenza slow-dancing like they did in the movies, so we copied off of them.

     Laurence put both hands around my waist, and I put them around his neck, and we stepped side to side untill the slow songs ended.

     "Wanna be pigs and eat at the chocolate fountain?" Laurence whispered. Our heads were so close, we didn't need to raise our voice or even talk normally for us to hear.

     "Absolutely."

     Dante's POV  (new POV!!!)

     When Laurence and Garroth greeted Aph and Cadenza, I slipped away. I couldn't find Nicole anywhere. She said she'd be here ten minutes ago, but still no sign. Now I'm starting to worry about her. Oh god... her parents are gonna kill me!

     I paced around the school, and circled the dance twice. Still no sign of her. She wasn't answering my calls or texts, but I didn't want to take it to her parents or my parents.

     My last place to think of was the bathroom. Since I could only go into one, that's the one I checked.

     I opened the door slightly. And heard strange noises. I opened it a crack more, then I swung open the door. There were lots of.. kissing noises? I walked in, making sure my footsteps didn't make a sound.

     "I love you..." Someone breathed. All the blood drained from my face. I recognized that voice...no, no, no,no! It can't be...

     I quickly walked out of the bathroom, and paced back and forth. That wasn't her voice! It wasn't! I tried telling myself that, but it didn't work.

     I walked outside and sat down on a bench. "If she's going to do that to some random guy then she's not worthy of anyone's love..." I whispered. "She doesn't love you, and she never has. She -" I was cut off by a swinging door.

     I turned around and found Laurence. "Hey man, I saw you walk out here with a pale face. Did you barf?" He smiled. I shook my head."No, Laurence, I just needed a breather."

     "From what? What's bothering you? You're really pale." He tilted his head sideways. "I-it's nothing, really. I ju -"

      "It's Nicole, isn't it?" He looked at me. "What happened Dante? You don't have to tell me now - or ever, but if you tell me now I promise it'll feel like one-hundred pounds just got lifted from your shoulders. Tell me."

     I opened my mouth to speak, but it shut, like that was a reflex. I opened my mouth and took in a breath, and then spoke.

     After Dante's Story...

     Laurence's POV

     I didn't know what to say or what to do. He experienced what no man should experience, especially at a dance.

     His shoulders slumped after he finished his last sentence. "That's what happened. She just... yeah."

     "Dante... I'm sorry, man. No one should ever have to experience that. Ever."

     "Tell me about it. Wanna head back into the dance? Aph might be wondering where you are." I could sense the hurt in his voice. The utter pain. "I'm staying out with you until Nicole decides to 'arrive.'" I sat down next to him, and waited.