Chapter 4

-Meghana's POV-

I woke up disoriented and confused. I forgot where I was for the first five minutes after waking up. Everything was blurry and glowing. When my eyes finally started shifting to focus on the world, I saw Alex's perfect face looking down on me. He was smiling a little. Cute.

I saw his arm move in slight moving motions. I felt a tingling sensation on my scalp, and realized he was stroking my hair like I was some type of diseased puppy. He was humming "Summer Love" by One Direction. Wow, he had the voice of an angel. But seriously, he was literally petting me like some type of dog.

To test what he felt about me, I shifted in my 'sleep.' He quickly stiffed up and sprinted away. Shnoozle started to bark, and I seized the perfect opportunity to 'wake up.' Alex was sitting on his couch, flipping through channels on TV, acting like nothing happened, even though I could see his chest rising and falling faster than an average human being. I thought to myself "Oh crap, I'm at his house and I'll look really stupid if I stay here," and left out the back screen door. 

As I was striding back to my residence, I glanced at my wrist watch. It read 6:35 a.m. My first thought to this was "Oh, that's good, my parents won't be awake, so I can sneak back into the house," and then I started to think "Why in all of eternity would Alex wake up at 6:30 just to stroke my hair, what is happening." So, as any normal geek would do, I got back up to my cave(room), fangirled in peace, and wrote about it in my journal.

I had the sudden urge to pee. So into the bathroom I went, and I took advantage of the opportunity to shower, brush my hair, etc. I caught sight of myself through the mirror- I looked like a hot mess. Hair everywhere, little cuts where glass went on my face, pajamas wrinkled, glasses crooked, you name it. Ew, why would Alex want to stroke that? 

I cleaned myself up, used all of my 14 products on my hair, changed into a crisp pair of clean clothes, and sat down. "Something's missing..." I muttered to myself. I suddenly remembered handing over my earbuds to my dad and slapped my head into a face palm. With all my experience, I quietly walked into my parents' room and smuggled my headphones out of there as quickly as possible. 

I inserted the left earbud inside my ear, leaving the right one out to dangle down, so I could still hear my surroundings. I started blasting "Starstruckk" by 3oh!3. As I was dancing along like an idiot, I made myself some cereal, and just as I was sitting down, I saw Snoopy looking at me intensively. She knows that I'm a soon-to-be star too.

After finishing my early morning meal, I went out for a walk with Snoopy. As I was walking around the corner to the neighborhood basketball court/park, I saw Alex and our eyes locked for one golden moment. Well, it was more like Snoopy saw Shnoozle and started pulling me towards my boyfriend. So basically, fate put us together once more.

We let our dogs off the leashes and they ran around on their cute little legs like they never ran in their life (like always). We sat down on the grass and watched the dogs wrestle in total silence. I cleared my throat and said "Bye, Alex. I'll see you next weekend, I guess, at the 1D3D movie." I walked right out of there. Never have I been so embarrassed in my life. I arrived back home and spent the whole of my day with my tutor, going over my Geometry 1 Honors textbook. Sad, I know.