It seemed Cindy's sobbing had stopped now and she was only whimpering slightly, I offered her a glass of water and she drunk it down greedily. I pulled her into a comforting hug and she clung to me like a lifeline. We stayed like that for, I don't even know how long, but soon enough she pulled away.

"What happened?"

Cindy closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I got home from work late and he was in my apartment waiting for me. He started going on about how ungrateful I was. How much of a disappointment I was, he even disowned me as a daughter... Not that I ever wanted him for a dad..."

She opened her eyes and had a faraway look about her. Her shaking body had stopped slightly,

"He told me that I had to sign the shares over to Axel and I started off by saying no, that's when he hit me the first time, I kept saying no until he started to choke me. I agreed, he would have killed me El, he had this callous look in his eyes and I agreed because I just knew that he wasn't going to stop. When I finally agreed, I thoought that he was just going to kill me but he pulled the papers out of nowhere and I signed them. He left and then he told me that wasn't the last I'd be seeing of him, that he was coming after me, you and our family. He told me not to bother with the police because Axel was giving him an alibi and that they were helping each other to destroy us."

I felt a churning feeling in my stomach, I had never felt so disgusted by a person in my whole life. Axel helping Alexander solidified my knowledge that Axel knew about Olivia's infidelity. I gritted my teeth together and wanted to destroy something, this bubbling anger I was a feeling, I'd never felt before. I stood up and looked at my cousin, my sister, my family.

No one and I literally mean no one messed with my family. I swore that we would never be vulnerable again, that we would never have to fear the dissolution of our family ever again. Axel had finally burnt the last bridge and if he wanted to be stranded with Alexander then so be it.

This is war!

I turned to Cindy and helped her up, I walked her to my room and told her to have a shower and get into my bed, I wasn't leaving her alone with her thoughts tonight. I collected my laptop and sat in my bed getting ready for Cindy, I turned the TV on and let a movie play on Netflix. When my cousin came out wearing my pyjamas, shorts and a halter, I noticed more bruises and cuts on her, my anger and determination rose. She slipped into my bed and crawled over to me, feeling my body against hers must have been comforting. She lay there silently,

"El, thank you... I'm so sorry"

I stopped what I was doing and brushed my hand through her hair, my mother did it when I was upset, and I hoped the gesture calmed her,

"Your life is more important than the company Cind, don't you ever doubt that. You did so well, and I am going to keep you safe, so sleep. You're safe now, don't feel guilty, you may be related to him, but you are nothing like him."

She made a small sound and I kept brushing her hair with my hands until the soft snores from Cindy mixed with the movie.

I tapped on my laptop and started to plan up my own plan, we needed to address the public before Axel could, we needed to make this look like it was a planned thing. We couldn't allow people to see that there was any fault in our leadership. I worked for two and a half hours when Tara had come up to my room and sat where I was sitting. I told her that she was to stay with Cindy and that there was to be someone with her at all times until she felt alright. She told me that my parents had just arrived and I went down to meet them.

"Tee, before I go, I need you to call Hamilton and Alice and tell them that they need to move into my parents with us until this is all over... You need to move in with us as well..."