“Hey, can I come in? Or are we having dinner out here?” smiles Ivy. She couldn’t really understand why he was acting like time had stopped or something. She’s just in a dress. Is that really so...strange?...Yeah, okay, maybe it is that strange, Ivy grins to herself.
Eli steps to the side allowing her to pass. As Ivy brushes along his silk navy shirt, she catches the waft of cologne; one that she can’t help but subtly breathe in. He looks almost as scrumptious as he smells, she concludes. But then again, he probably knows it so there’s no need for her to comment on it.

“Um, the food’s nearly done. Do you want something to drink?” offers Eli, taking the coat off her hands and leading her into the lounge come kitchen area.
“Sure...What have you got?”
“Wine. Um, beer, soda, water,” lists Eli.
“I’ll have beer,” shrugs Ivy, smiling wider at Eli momentarily stunned expression. She bets many of his girls didn’t accept harder alcoholic drinks than wine. But Ivy’s been to college and a good number of college parties. You’d be kicked out if you asked for something like wine at those.
“Here,” Eli hands her a Guinness and takes a swig of his own.
“So what are we having tonight?” asks Ivy as they sit down on the couch.
“Surprise,” Eli winks back.

They talk for a while; just trivial things-movies, music, food. Then as Eli plates up, Ivy feels her stomach softly rumble and the delicious smells. Her mouth starts salivating at the sight of the succulent steak on the plate, with vegetables surrounding it and gravy poured over.

“Eli, this looks and smells amazing!” compliments Ivy knowing she shouldn’t be inflating his ego but she can’t help it. He’s obviously put effort and time into it and that’s just too cute.
“Try it!” encourages Eli, his eyes wide as he watches her cut the steak and load her fork before taking a bite.
Ivy can feel her taste buds explode from the incredible tastes of Eli’s cooking. It’s almost, almost as good as she remembers her dad’s cooking to be. And that’s saying a lot since her dad’s cooking was off the scale.
“Eli it’s incredible!”
“Yeah?...You’ll be telling me that tonight as well Tinks, when we’re naked,” smirks Eli causing her to pick up his fork and gently stab his hard bicep.
“Ow..violence woman!” he calls feigning pain as he rubs his arm. Seeing Ivy rolls her eyes has him smiling wider though.
“Psh, as if that hurt! Don’t be such a baby,” Ivy mutters filling her fork again to take another bite of the delicious food.

“So, Ives, tell me about college? Business was it?”

Ivy spends dinner talking to him about college and her degree, their conversation flowing effortlessly. Pretty soon both plates were clean but neither notices.
“You were a strange child!” exclaims Ivy laughing along with him.
“It happens when your parents scar you with way too much P.D.A.” Eli responds and then as his chuckles die down he finally realises their long eaten dinner.

“Dessert?” he asks.
“You made dessert as well?” she gasps with a large grin. Dessert is always the best part of a meal. Although after that main course she’s in wonder as to how he could top it.
“Of course, dinner’s not complete without dessert.”
“Wow, Eli. You know here I was thinking you had satyriasis, all this time, when actually you’re just a tame house-husband, aren’t you?” teases Ivy.   
“ ‘Tame house-husband’?” Eli repeats with narrowed eyes, “I don’t think so Tinks. I need to be able to feed my woman after draining her energy in hot, steamy, sessions of-”
“Alright, alright. Sorry for insulting your masculinity. Now can we please have dessert?!” Ivy cuts him off with a bright blush to her cheeks and her whole body getting flustered. Just the way he says words like that, in his low sensual tone with that small smirk of his lips and the intensity in his eyes; would make any woman’s thoughts travel to the heat in the conjunction of her legs.
“What’s the matter, Tinks?...Go on, say sex,” he probes.
“What? Why? No, come on, just get the food out,” she deflects the blush remaining across her cheeks.
“Go on, say it and I’ll get it out,” winks Eli.