Ch.14: Andrew's Secret

So this chapter is pretty...intense I guess. Let's just say Donna gets into some unexpected trouble but that's all I'm going to say :P

Also a huge thanks to SimplyDarling for encouraging me to continue writing this story but also BeautifulLies for becoming my second fan and supporting me. <3

Anyways enjoy ^ ^ 

Ch.14 Andrew's Secret

Donna's P.O.V.

Saturday night on October 25, I was in our apartment's kitchen with my brother making some delicious tacos. I set up the soft flour and the crispy corn tortillas, the cheese and tomato, and prepared the lettuce while Andrew cooked the meat, and made thick, melted cheese. I quickly stepped towards the fridge, pulling out two soda bottles and removing the caps off of both of them, offering a bottle to Andrew. He took one and we both sipped the bubbly and cold liquid at the same time. After a few seconds, we both set our drinks down on the kitchen counter and smiled, while Andy began tugging at the hem of my pants, obviously trying to get my attention. I squat down to his level to pet him and then approached the kitchen's closet, and searched for the box of doggie treats. When I located a box with the image of a puppy and a small dog biscuit in its mouth, I grabbed it out of the closet and grabbed a dog biscuit from the box and gave it to Andy. He happyily accepted it, scurrying to the sofa, leaped and sat down to chew his treat. He was chewing it contently but stopped as he looked towards the front door and his ears perked up. I thought it was a cat or something and started making a cup of coffee when there was a loud knock on the door.

"Uh...Our parents don't really need our help today since it's pretty empty at the restaurant today, so I'm going to leave with some friends, okay?" Andrew said a little nervously and hurried to the door, but honestly, what could he be nervous about?

I flinched, forcing a smile. "Alright. Have fun!" He quickly opened the door and stepped outside, quickly shutting the door after him. He did not even give me time to see who was at the door before he left. Andy suddenly stood from the sofa and ran to the door, scratching it with his front paws. I guess now would be a good time to take him out for a walk. I grabbed my bat off the floor and ambled over to our key chain holder, where Andy's leash was left hanging. I took it with me as I opened the door and Andy and I went outside. As soon as I closed the door, I locked it and turned to face Andy, ready to attach the leash to his collar, but he ran off. I'm guessing he was following Andrew's scent because he immediately darted towards the stairs on the east side of the building, paused for a second, sniffing and then quickly went down the stairs. I hastily ran after him, trying to catch up. Once we finished the last step he sniffed the air again and bolted down the block and I followed. He continued moving forward, occasionally turning left and right on the streets when he had to until he eventually led me into a not so bright but not so dimly lit brick, passage way where it was spacious enough to be, maybe ten to twelve feet wide.

The smell of blood, rusted metal, and something rotten drifted towards me, and I slightly crinkled my nose at the foul stench. Andy sped even further ahead and I could no longer see him. Here I was, in a place I surely did not know and my only guide disappeared. Just my luck. "Andy," I whispered lowly, secretly hoping a bark would answer back and the steady sound of paws against the floor instead of another voice. I gripped my baseball tightly and continued in a slower and also cautious pace.

I stopped walking over all as I heard a familiar bark and froze in place when Andrew's voice spoke shortly after. "Andy? What are you doing here?"

A gruff voice answered. "Is this your dog?"

"Yeah."

"How did it find us?" 

"I don't know." Andrew replied with slight intimidation and fear. A few seconds passed in silence and I could have sworn my heart was beating faster than an average person.