China Dolls

I've always thought that those little porcelain dolls were creepy. But I had no idea how creepy they really were until I came face to face with a live one.

I was sent to my grandmothers house for a week while my mom was on a business trip, the visit started out fairly normal, until I saw the room I was to stay in. I'd never stayed the night at grandmas before so I had no idea what to expect.

There were dolls lining the walls and all over the room. Staring with terrifying glassy eyes.

I put my bags on the bed and left the room, vowing to turn every single doll around before I went to bed.

A few hours later I did exactly that. All of the dolls were facing the wall, I went to sleep, content in my work.

I woke up to a weird feeling in my chest, no not in, on. I opened my eyes only to see one of the creepiest dolls setting on my chest, playing with my hair.

The only thing is, this doll wasn't one from this room. I remember every single creepy doll from when I turned them. This was not among the others.

"Where did you come from?" I ask the the doll. She looks down at me and for the first time, I notice she has no eyeballs. Just deep black holes.

"Grandma hides me under the bed because I'm ugly. Do you think I'm ugly?" The doll replied and smiled down at me. I shake my head and squeeze my eyes shut. Hoping she'd go away. "I don't need eyes to see you, are you trying to do the same?" she asks and starts pulling at my eyes. I don't remember anything after that, but I know when I woke up, I had a scratch over my eye.

I think she tried to take it. That explains why grandma is completely blind. She didn't want the doll to steal her eyes.