CHAPTER ONE

"Oh, What does it look like" I demanded, I was standing on the edge of the escarpment, imagine the sunset, the different colors. I can't see, I'm blind, but my family love to describe life to me. I love to let my imagination run wild. To feel air blowing through my hair,it felt magical.

"Alright, Well there orange, purple, pink and just a little bit of orange right at the bottom, Oh how i wish you could see this its magical" My sister Alessandra rambled on absentmindedly.

She love sunsets almost as much as I loved imagining It. I tipped my head back just breathing in the clear air. I loved living in the mountains, I used to live in the city but I hated it. I hated the smell of the city I never knew how bad it was until I went to the mountains for an excursion and i feel in love with the fresh gentle breath that always seemed to be there.

"You know when we get back mum and dad are going to freak" I pointed out, mum and dad always worried about if I would wonder of and get myself lost. They worried too much but I guess they did have grounds too. One too many times when I was younger I had gotten myself lost exploring. But just like me Alessandra loved to explore and never missed an opportunity to join me, so if one of got lost well at least we had the other.

"Oh I'm sure they know exactly where we are "Alessandra smiled. She knew her parents would know where they were, every night they came her and every night her sister still worried that our parents would worry.

"I know but still I think they worry, even through they shouldn't I know my way around here" I worried

"Oh will you calm down, your ruining the atmosphere" she joked, playfully pushing me.

"I know but I think we should go back now" I said, I didn't want to go but I hated when my parents worried. They had sacrificed a lot even if they never told me I knew they had.

"Oh, Alright worry warts we'll go back now"  I felt her stand up next to me, following her.

I know my way around here but I still liked to hold Alessandras arm, I had broken my bones one too many times falling over rocks and branches that had fallen from tree. I have always asked mum and dad to take me traveling but they are always so worried about me hurting myself. Wondering was my favourite thing to do. I can't see but I love to listen the chirping and chatter, once I was listening to a documentary of Africa ever since then I have dreamed of visiting Africa and just enjoying the sounds and smells. As weird as it sounds for you used your eyes most, I used my ears and noise.

I had never much fitted in anywhere, mum said it was because I looked at the world in a different way, I had never see the way people wanted me too and that lost a lot of friend but it was worth it. I would rather have a real friend than one that only likes me because of being an airhead.

I new we where close to home when I could smell mums cooking, she was a comercial chef and always made dinner, dad on the other hand could not cook to save his life, he once set the kitchen alight while making two minute noodles. Now I am no expert but I didn't think it required any cooking degree to make noodles.

I stepped through the door and stood breathing in the heavenly scent of carbonara, a creamy pastas sauce with bacon and mushrooms.

"Are you going to keep staring at the wall breathing like a dog or are you going to come sit" my mother scolded me. I loved them, they didn't treat me any different even though sometimes I wish that not being able to see would get me out of washing up and washing cloths. I parked my bottom on my seat and waited not very patiently to be aloud to start eat, huffing every few seconds as my father made it his mission to do as many choirs as possible before we made him come and sit down. It was our family dinner rule that we only started eating when every one was sitting down. Maybe it was to get back at us from all the times we made him wait when we needed to go somewhere, us girls were notorious for being late for every thing that involved a schedule.

Finally we are aloud to start. "So girls, where did you sneak of to this afternoon" mum questioned us even though we knew she already knows where we've been. I know she just loves hearing about the sunsets just as much I do.

"Oh, just out to the escartment it was gorgeous the sun was shining through the clouds just above the mountains of magical it was blue and purple pink and just a little bit of orange but of course its gone too quickly" My sister mumbled sadly. We finished dinner quickly it was getting late and it was the last day of holidays back to school and work tomorrow, I like  school but school just doesn't like me.

"Okay, now bed for the both of you"Mum shooed us up the stairs to my bedroom. "and straight to bed now I don't need any grumpy teens tomorrow morning" she grumbled making her way down the stairs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for reading I would love to hear your thoughts and if you have any ideas I would be happy to include it with a dedication to you.