“Hey, Matt. What’s up? How was the LGBT club the other day? Did you meet anybody cute? Take him home?” I grinned teasingly.

His eyes widened and opened his mouth to say something but he floundered as Stacey, a nice but…flirty girl came to sit behind me.

“Oh, Matt. You’re gay? I never would have thought. I mean it’s not like I can pick out who is gay or not but you usually just like tell, you know? You’re really cute in a nerdy way so I guess I could see it. I always pictured you with a cute, little Asian girl who was just a little bit smarter than you though. Cuz’ you’re like really good at math and science and stuff right?”

It would be completely cliché if I said she was blonde but that only would be half true. I believe her natural hair was light brown but she dyed the under layers blonde. She had really amazing eyes though, I’m not afraid to admit it. They were a bright, shocking shade of blue that any human being would be envious about.

An evil smirk made its way to my face as I turned to nod at Stacey.

“I know right? I didn’t expect it either but I saw him at the LGBT club the other night when I was there with Chris. You know Chris right?”

“Yeah, I think I’ve had a class with him last semester. He’s really cool and cute. Matt, you and him would look super adorable together!” Stacey clapped enthusiastically.

Matt’s face was a deep red by now and looked at a loss for words. I would have felt bad for doing this to him but his face was priceless and he was just so fun to tease.

            “I-I’m not gay.” He denied looking stern and unsure at the same time.

            “Oh, honey it’s okay if you are. Were you keeping it a secret? Audrey, why did you let it slip? Don’t worry, though. We won’t tell anyone.” She winked at him as the professor walked in.

            I turned back around and cast a glance at Matt. He was looking at me so I just gave him the Triple S and a shrug in apology. He didn’t look mad and he didn’t say anything so I took it as we were good.

            A few minutes into class though, I kept looking back to Matt. He face was void of any emotions and he looked like he was really into the lesson but I was getting this weird feeling in my stomach. For some reason I felt like I had to make sure he wasn’t upset with me.

            When the professor told us to reread the next section in our text before we talked about it I slickly pushed my textbook into my bag and scrapped my desk closer to Matt’s.

            “Do you mind if I look on with you? I forgot my textbook at home.” I gave him a sweet smile to show my innocence.

            A look of disbelief crossed his face for a minute before vanishing. Without saying anything he moved his book so that I was able to read it also. After a few minutes of reading, I heard an annoyed sigh come from Matt. He was looking down at his phone and shaking his head. When he pocketed it and went back to reading he noticed I was staring at him. He looked really unhappy and a little frustrated. Was it because of me?

            “What’s up? Are you mad that I told Stacey you are gay? I was just kidding. I’ll tell her after class it was a joke. No biggie.”

            He sighed and shook his head, “No it’s not that.”

            “Huh? Then what is it about? Do you not want me to share the book with you or something?” I accused.

            I mean, I thought the kid had a crush on me. Shouldn’t he be thrilled?

            Matt was about to say something when he rolled his eyes and reached into his pocket again. When he read what was on his phone he pursed his lips and leaned over and dropped it into his bag.