“Whatever. Heath isn’t gay.”

            “You never know. Remember Anthony? I never would have thought that the big football star liked to experiment. When he asked me out, I thought he was playing a joke on me. Turns out he likey the men.”

            “That was hardly that shocking. I’m surprised more footballer’s haven’t asked you out yet.”

            “I would say that it’s more of a disappointment than shocking. I like football players, there’s a lot more to hold on to if you know what I mean.” Chris winked giving me a mischievous grin.

            “Okay, eww. What is up with you today? You’re very…” I trailed off trying to think of the right word.

            “Horny? Yeah, I know it’s ‘cuz I haven’t hooked up with anyone in a while. School has been keeping me busy with papers due and finals to study for.”

            “Well go make out with Evan or something, you’re making me lose my appetite.” I groaned pushing my salad towards him.

            He stuck his fork in one of my olives, “Ugh. No. First off, he’s not that good. Second, he’s very clingy. I finally got him to leave me alone. I do not want to go through that again.”

            “What about that guy that you met the other night at the club, you got his number right?”

            Chris shrugged, “I did but I don’t know if I want to call him.”

            “Why?! He was cute and nice and a dancer. Nothing sexier than a dancer.”

            “He told me that he just got out of a long term relationship. I could tell he wasn’t over him yet. I don’t want to get involved with that or be the rebound, it’s never as good.” He frowned down at his food.

            I shrugged, “It’s not like you have to get into a relationship with him. Hang out for a while and see how it goes. Maybe you could get him a rebound then go for it.”

            “That actually isn’t a bad idea. I’ll call him and see if he wants to go out Friday with a group and get him to hook up with Andrew or Sam or someone. It won’t last for more than a week and by then we’ll be closer. Audrey, you are an evil genius.” He gave me an impressed smirk and finished the last of his salad.

            “I’m going to call him before my next class. I’ll catch up with you later, babe.”

            “Bye.” I nodded.

Standing up with his trash, he waved as he threw it out in the garbage and walked off. I sat there for about another five minutes until I was done then made my way to English lit.  As I walked across campus I wondered if Heath had a girlfriend. Certainly a guy that looked that good wouldn’t have trouble finding a girl. That’s the thing about cute guys; usually they are either players and get with anyone or are already taken. It’s all about timing. You have to get them when they are single before anyone else can get to them.

Not that I’m looking to be his girlfriend. I just think it would be cool to hang out with him…maybe hook up?

When I got to class, I sat in my seat near the window like I always do. Around this time of year the classrooms could get stuffy and too warm so I liked being able to just reach across and open the window whenever I wanted. As I was pulling my notebook and texts out, I heard the rumble of the chair beside me being pulled out and the clang of a heavy backpack against the desk. Without even having to look up, I knew it was Matt. For some reason, since our first class, he has always sat next to me. It was a little weird to me at first because he never talks to me and being the shy guy he is, it takes a lot of balls to sit next to a bitch like me every day.