"Bye." I said, waving goodbye to him. I see what he's trying to do. He's trying to set me and Carlos up. Typical Ben.

"Okay, see you out there." Carlos said as we both sat down on a log. Dude licked Carlos in the face which made us both laugh.

"Also, I see you've been putting those mints that I gave you this morning to good use. Have you had any stomach problems throughout those past couple of hours?" I asked as he chuckled.

"No, I've been feeling fine for the past couple of hours, and I couldn't just let them go to waste. Plus, I think they tasted a bit extra sweet just because you were the one who gave them to me." he replied, sweetly.

"Also, I have cheer-leading practice later, ya know. Would you like to come and watch me?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

"Of course, I'd love to." he said looking back at me. We sat there in awkward silence for a moment.

"You know, Trinity, I want to tell you a story." I wasn't exactly sure where he was going with this. Maybe it was to pay back for the story I told him?

"Um, okay sure." I said, getting ready to listen to him.

"Alright here goes. Once upon a time, there was a young boy. For a long time, he had suffered from abuse, bullying, and mistreatment  from many people, including his own mother. He's never even felt a warm hug or a loving kiss in his whole life! He didn't have many friends, only three who actually cared about him in the least. He had never known what love felt, or even looked like. So at one point, he decided to give up on finding love forever. Sooner or later, he met a girl his age that was beautiful, sweet, kind, and very smart. He knew that from the moment he saw her, that she was the girl that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. However, he didn't know how to ask her out, plus, he thought that she was definitely way out of his league. So, once again, he nearly gave up on trying to ask her out. But today, that's all going to change. Right now."  he finished his 'story'. I've never heard that one before and the ending didn't make much sense to me, either.

"I don't understand, who is this boy? What's his name? And what do you mean by 'that's all going to change'?" I asked confused.

"I'd best not say, i-it's too embarrassing." he said, looking away. I started to catch onto what he was trying to say.

"Carlos, is the boy in the story . . . you?" I asked, looking surprised.

"Well . . . uh . . . y-yes, but please don't laugh at me." he said looking down.

"Carlos, I wouldn't dare laugh at you for something as simple as this. I completely understand." I said and put a hand on his shoulder as he finally looked up at me with a genuine smile. "All I want to know is, who's the lucky girl you're in love with?" I asked, kind of giggling at the end.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone, not even a soul?" he said, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"Carlos, I promise, I wont tell anyone, not even a soul." I said, trying to get him to calm down.

"Okay, the person I fell in love with is . . . y-you, Trinity." he said, hesitating at the end. That made my heart skip a beat as soon as he said my name. Literally. "I l-like you a lot T-Trinity, I-I really do. Oh, for goodness sake, I love you, and I always have!" he said, looking me dead in the eye while taking both of my hands in his.

"Wow, I-I don't know what to say, Carlos. But why m-me?" I asked, not believing that someone as caring, handsome, intelligent, sweet, and funny as him could possibly love someone as dull and weird as me.

"Because, you were one of the first people here that was actually nice to not only me, but Evie, Jay, and Mal, too. When I first met you, I could already tell that you were at least nothing like most of the students here. You're beyond beautiful, sweeter than chocolate, kind, smart, bubbly, and overall perfect! I was too scared that you were going to reject me if would've asked you out. And I know that you're way out of my league, and you're probably going to say no anyway, but I just want to ask you this one, simple question now so I can get it off of my chest. Trinity, will you do me the honor of being my first, one, and only girlfriend." he said, looking down as he got down on one knee and handed me a large, tall, dark red rose.

"Yes." I whispered super happily as he looked up at me and smiled.

"W-What?" he stuttered with overwhelming happiness.

 "YES! I'd love to be your girlfriend, Carlos de Vil!" I said taking the rose and tackling him to the ground, hugging him really tightly. I was so excited that I finally had a boyfriend for the first time. "Why didn't you just come out and ask me? You didn't have to say and do all of this." I said.

"Because I didn't think you'd say yes unless I asked in a big way." he said as I giggled.

"Well, I'd say this is pretty big. No one's ever asked me out like this before, or asked me out at all, for that matter." I said as he widened his eyes.

"So, that means that I'm your first boyf-" he began before I cut him off excitedly.

"Yup, that means that your my first boyfriend and I'm your first girlfriend." I said and starred deep into his eyes. "Thank you so much for letting me be your first!" I said and gave him a hug as he reluctantly hugged back.

"No, thank you for letting me be your first." he whispered as we began to lean in for a kiss, but before our lips could even touch, my phone began to vibrate. I groaned in annoyance and decided to look at it, briefly, to see what the commotion was about. Shoot! I only had less than 10 minutes to get to class!

"OMG, I'm so sorry, Carlos, but I have to get to class! I forgot that I had set an alarm to make sure I wouldn't be late for class because I knew that I would be out here helping you. Remember, after school, be back out here to watch me practice, okay." I said, jumping up when I saw what time it was.

"I understand, go ahead, and I promise I'll be there, cheering you on." he said and stood up with me.

"Okay, thanks, Carlos." I said and kissed his cheek. "Bye!" I said and ran off. I looked back and saw him blushing like crazy. I knew that he was happy to have a girlfriend for once, but I was happier to have a boyfriend. More specifically, him as a boyfriend!