The Last Mana Bearer

Prologue : The Mana Flower

A thousand years from now,

The Earth, is now in shambles. Almost all rich inhabitants had already gone out to space and only those that can't afford it remains, but that is not where our story begins.

It would be with a tiny flower sitting on a steep mountain top.

It has little round petals as white as snow and a yellow center ressembling that of a marygold flower.

The flower's apearance seems a little too plain to be special, but this flower has a secret of its own.

It contains the last remaining energy of the Earth or what others would call "Mana". 

Atop of a mountain it waits for a "special individual" to take in a huge ordeal.

To save the dying Earth and regain back what humanity has taken from it, or use its power for something else.

"Mana"

The very soul of the Earth has been depleted and only this flower has the power to contain the last bits of it.

As the wind blows, its as if the flower moved a little bit and a smile can be seen forming in its center.

Chapter One - A : The Town of Florence - Past

The town of Florence was once a marvelous town surrounded by flowers.

Each and every citizen back then had a flower garden of their own, which different classes of flowers can be seen.

From orchids to roses, and even the stinking rafflesia which only a few, would crazily enough to care, plant on their lawns.

The fragrance of the flowers would mix in the air and allow anyone to just relax and enjoy all the different aromas that passes by. 

The morning breeze would come with the fragrance of blooming orchids mixed with a masky, pungent, smell of marigolds that makes it halfway unpleasant and halfway alluring which always bring back old memories and perfect for waking up.

At noon, the wind brings up the smell of bougainvillea flowers from each and every corner of Florence, which makes lunch a total exciting experience because you can really enjoy any dish while taking a breather, even at a typical street shop or a marvelous restaurant.

The night life brings in the aroma of roses. They set the mood for a romantic evening allowing couples to date or groups of people to enjoy a nice evening together. Thus, sometimes the putrid smell of the rafflesia flower combines with the wind creating all sorts of complaints from other citizens. 

The whole town is filled with flowers that truly is magnificent to just look at from the sky above. Just walking past the streets, you could see the beautiful scenery that ecompasses all Florence. 

The citizens have big bright smiles in their faces and you could definitely see that they are contented with their lives.

One can probably say that this town is really one of the most beautiful in the world and even entice anyone to pick this town as their permanent residence.

Florence, The town of flowers and beautiful smiles.  

Chapter One - B : The Town of Florence - Present