Chapter 41 Part 2

I've been home for a week and I've only heard from James, Marcelo and Gareth. They've asked me how I've been and told me how they have been.

But I honestly don't care.

I haven't heard from him. I've texted him multiple times, but he never answers.

And it kills me.

______________________________

I got cleared to play today. A week after I left.

I was furious and stormed out of the doctors office. I even yelled at Jill. I've never yelled at any coach before.

Abby had to drive me home. I was so irritable after that, I can't even explain it.

My dad came to see me, tried to dig me out of the hole I was in. It worked for a little while, but then he left.

And I was back in that hole.

____________________________________

"James... have you talked to him? I've texted him a billion times." I asked sadly

"Yeah... he's difficult to talk to now a days. So grouchy all the time which makes it hard to talk to him at all."

I sat down and put my head in his hands. "It would've happened anyway. Me leaving, I wish it wasn't so sudden."

"He misses you. Everyone can see it."

I felt my chest lurch. I missed him too, so much.

"I miss him. More than I can tell you. I wish he'd answer my texts." I murmured

I heard silence on the other line. "Shit... um Mamma I gotta go."

What?

"Wait what? James-"

He hung up.

I looked at my phone confused as hell. My doorbell rang so I didn't have much to think about it. I went to get it and my brother stood on the other door.

"Oh my gosh!" I laughed jumping to hug him

"Woah! Nice to see you too sis!" He laughed hugging me back.

"What are you doing here?" I said letting him go.

"I got some leave and figured I'd bless my sister with my presence." He joked

I smiled and let him in. I saw his duffel in his hand and did an internal happy dance.

That means he can stay for some time!

"How was Madrid?"

I felt my heart sink all over again as I sat at my kitchen table. "Fun.."

"Wow. Sounds like the trip of a life time. Please stop overflowing details, you're killing me." He said in a monotone voice.

I rolled my eyes "It was fun. I learned a lot."

Anthony looked at me weirdly "What happened?"

I looked at my fingers and sighed "You know.. Cristiano Ronaldo?"

"That douchewho plays for Real Madrid, who is also one of the best in the world. Yes I've heard of him." He said grouchy like.

Stupid Arsenal fan.

"Yeah.. we'll we kind of dated. While I was in Madrid." I began hesitantly

He raised his eyebrows in shock. "What?"

I nodded "And when they told me I had to come back because of my concussion, it took us both by surprise. And he was very upset, so he put this defense up. Like he didn't care. Now he doesn't answer my texts or anything."

"Back up- you dated him?"

________________________________________

Cristiano POV

I was bringing Cristianino to James' for a playdate. It's at twelve but I am going to leave early.

Junior began to notice more that she was gone. And whenever he asked I just told him to forget about it.

That's what I was doing.

I didn't knock when I was at James'. I knew he wouldn't mind.

I walked in with Junior and saw Daniela who waved sadly at me.

Pity eyes. I don't need pity eyes.

I continued walking till I saw James in the family room. He was on the phone.

I came in and sat with Junior. Sonny was playing with her toys on the floor and he joined her.

I heard James mutter something then say "Bye mama! I gotta go!"

That's weird. I didn't think his mother understood english.

"Sorry I'm early. Junior wanted to see Sonny." I smiled

James shrugged "No big deal. How've you been amigo?"

"Fine." I answered fast, too fast.

"Have you talked to her?" He asked quietly

I gazed at my pocket where my phone was. I had gotten so many texts from her. I wanted to answer but wouldn't. I can't open myself up to that hurt.

"She's texted."

James raised his brow "Have you answered?"

I shook my head no. James sighed exasperated "Why not?"

"I don't want to get hurt anymore. I've had enough." I shrugged

James threw his hands up. "You two..."

"Wait have you talked to her?" I asked

James looked sheepish and nodded. That explains what just happened.

"How is she?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Well... you haven't answered her. So she's a little pissed. But mostly depressed I think. Having a hard time."

I felt my chest tighten. I shouldn't have asked. I felt my phone in my pocket like an anchor.

"Cristiano, hermano, call her. Text her! Please, you're clearly not okay, neither is she. Please." James pleaded

I should text her. I miss her, more than anything.

"Okay."

James smiled eat to ear and clapped once "Alright go ahead."

I took out my phone and opened my messages with Alex. I looked through them and saw the last time we talked was the a few days before she left.

I went through the messages she sent me.

Cris I'm sorry. I wish this hadn't happened.

This isn't just hard on you.

Why are you doing this?

It's not my fault. If it was my choice I would've stayed.

Cris please.

Ok.

She deserves more. More than a text.

I stood up abruptly "I gotta go."

James stood up too "Go where?"

"To the states."

__________________________________

OKAY I KNOW. ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER.

BUT YOU'LL BE HAPPY SOON.

PROMISE.

NEXT UPDATE : 19

HOMECOMING IS THIS WEEKEND :/

Remember Crismes is the real ship here. And as always HALA MADRID!