Chapter II

"Please! Tell me it was all just a bad dream" I yelled, sitting up from the bed. I looked all over the room to see only a poor place, filled with old things and rags, then sighed. It was just a dream indeed, I told myself once more. I decided, I need to get ready for school so I got out of bed, "OUCH!" too late, the ceiling had hit my head already, or the other way around. Again I sighed and grunted in annoyance while kicking the floor just next to my small wooden table at the same time. The wood covering the floor cracked open. Something red's inside. A cloth, a familiar one. I picked up the broken pieces of wood flooring to see a red cloth. I pulled it out but it was long. It came to my senses that it was a dress. Oh, no! It's the exact same dress I wore last night. I quickly slid it back into the hole. Thinking that the wooden cover is now broken, I need something to cover the exposed hole. I placed the broken pieces of wood flooring back and pushed the table to cover the hole.

"Seduce!" a call from the door in a whisper tone said, that made me gasp and fell on the floor in surprise. Ugh! Cecilia!

"You almost killed me!" I exclaimed, getting up on my knees.

"Sorry, I thought you were still sleeping" she grinned, "You need to hurry up! I'll wait at the kitchen" she said, before finally closing the door again.

I grabbed some towel and quickly took a bath, then changed clothes to get ready for school. I combed my hair and grabbed a hairband and opened the door but Mrs. Pierre was there, and it made me gasp in surprise, dropping the hairband. The monster is here!

"Why do you look so surprised?" she asked with that same resting bitch face she expresses all the time.

"Nothing, you were in front of the door. I was just-"

"Shush!" she cut me, "Where were you last night?" Oh, no! Does she know?

"I just bought some cloth. Scarlet asked me to buy her some for a party" and I tried to smile.

"After that?" she further interrogated, walking into my room. What should I say? Should I tell her the truth? That I was at the party and I was the girl she saw running? Oh, someone help me!

"What?!" she stomped one foot on the floor. It made me look at the back of her foot. Just a few steps and she will know the truth, no matter what I say.

"Oh! Well, you see Mrs. Pierre I was at the kitchen helping Cecilia prepare the food for the guests, but I didn't cook. I just helped her, and then I already went to sleep" I tried to smile again. She raised one eyebrow which means she believes me. So, that relieved me already.

"Again?!" she exclaimed. Please, don't kick me out of this house! I beg you. "You slept early, waking up late? Your laziness is outrageous!" she looked at me from head to foot and I just couldn't look at her "Next time this happens, you'll be sleeping with the horses at the stable. Do you understand?" I nodded several times as she slowly hands over a folded paper, "That is a list of what you'll have to do when you come back later. That's all for now, you may go" she finally said, walking out of the room.