Opal and Starlight

Soft footsteps roused me from my sleep, forcing my eyes open to see a half dressed Brian making his way towards me, a plate of food in one hand. The smell of eggs and sausage made my stomach growl, and as I pushed up into a sitting position, I could see the mountain of food on the plate. My eyes grew wide, fluttering between Brian and the food, back and forth, back and forth. He stood there, stupid grin and all, gesturing towards the plate of food. I took this as a sign that I could eat, lunging towards it like a starving animal. After all, I hadn't eating since lunch yesterday, and after all of the, uh, "exercise" last night, I was ravenous.

"I'm glad you like it, babe," Brian smirked, picking up the second fork and taking a few bites for himself. I was quickly growing full, and handed the plate off to him to finish.

"Why did you make all this?" I asked, wondering what sort of occasion pushed him to do something so kind. It wasn't our anniversary, was it? No, not even close. I thought hard, but my mind was grasping at straws, each guess just as useless as the last.

"Can't a man make breakfast for his lovely girlfriend?" He asked, shrugging his shoulder as he got up to clean off the now empty plate. Though he had given a reason, a rather lousy one, at that, I remained puzzled, unsure of how to react to the sudden onset of generosity. Sure, Brian was always a sweetheart, and had taken me out to dinner plenty of times, but he had never actually made me a meal. I had always assumed he was a shitty cook, but his food was pretty impressive.

I got up, apparently not realizing that I was still totally naked, only noticing when Brian returned, looking me up and down with a sexy, yet amused, look. I scrambled for my clothes, tugging on my panties and bra, nearly tripping and falling as I pulled my pants back on. I searched for a few minutes, cursing as I couldn't find my shirt.

"Babe, did you see my shirt?" I asked, groaning to myself. It just so happened to be my favorite shirt, too, all black with revolvers on the front, wings on the back, and "Rebel Sound" spelled out in eloquent text across the chest.

"You mean, uh, this one?" He asked, reaching behind him to pull out my shirt. I rushed over and grabbed for it, only to have it pulled away with an annoyingly cute giggle from Brian. I glared at him, knowing damn well that he was doing this just to get me riled up. I stood on my toes, cursing my small form. I was only 5'4", and Brian towered over me at 5'10". He clearly had a height advantage, and he knew it, so instead of jumping up and trying to get it like a fool, I walked around him, towards the kitchen. He seemed puzzled for a moment, only figuring out what I was doing when I turned around and ran, leaping onto his back. I howled, reaching over his shoulder to snatch my shirt out of his massive hands.

"No fair!" He called out, spinning around as I dropped down and pulled my shirt over my head before he could take it again. I smirked, walking out of the room without another word, Brian following me a moment later.

I fell back onto the couch, groaning in satisfaction. I was so happy it was Sunday, I could take the day off and bum around the house all day. Well, I thought I was, but I guess Brian had other plans.

"Hey babe, how about we go out today?" He asked me, falling back into the cushions next to me.

"Oooorrrr," I drawled, "We can stay home and be couch potatoes," I suggested, looking over at him with a lazy grin.

"I don't think so, baby doll. I'm going to treat you to one of the best evenings of your life," He guaranteed, winking with a grin. I groaned, knowing there was no way I was getting out of this.

"Fine," I surrendered, "Where to?" I had no idea what we would be doing tonight, and Brian was notorious for keeping plans a secret until they were actually happening, and clearly, as shown by his silence, this time was no different.