t e n

Jonathan helps me up and we all head into Melissa's living room. Donna's eyes are wide as she looks around the room checking for ghosts. She sits down next to me and I have to refrain from getting up and moving to the open chair across from me.

Honestly if I was not so tired I probably would have moved seats, but I told myself that I was going to be nice to her.

"There were so many!" Donna says astonished. I nod holding my head as it is pounding, either from her loudness or all the ghost energy around.

"Yeah I know." I growl lowly. Aiden gives me a look and I send him a grim smirk.

"What did they want? Their energy was awful." She claims remembering the things that just took place. I swear this woman.

"Me." I say looking at the throw carpet on top of the dark hardwood floor.

"You?" Donna asks confused.

"They wanted me! They wanted me dead actually. Or atleast that was what Old McBeerGut told me." I say throwing my hands up and clenching my teeth in anger. Why the hell was this happening? I was so done with ghosts and this was just angering me more than ever.

"They want you dead?" Melissa asks concerned.

"Yeah, apparently I killed their leader and now they want revenge. I didn't even know Semiazas had a following, I didn't think that was a thing." I look up at Aiden and he is in deep thought.

"You are a reaper though, why would they want you dead?" Andy asks and I shake my head.

"If they can somehow get my energy while I am still human I can see how it would be useful, but if they killed me I would just have full control of my reaping abilities right?" I look to Andy, remembering what he said in the coffee shop, and what Collin said less than an hour ago. He nods his head in thought but I take it as a cue to keep talking.

"So I don't know why they would want me dead." I honestly state.

"Maybe they want you to become a full reaper." Jonathan says and I bite the inside of my cheek. I thought of that. But I can reap them now, if that's what they want they could just ask.

"They were all normal ghosts, I think. They were mad... but none were evil. None were demons. They were just... ghosts." I think aloud.

"Maybe they don't want the war." I whisper to myself.

"War?" Donna asks hearing me.

"Collin said that I started a war. That the way to become king of the afterlife was me-"

"Collin?" Melissa asks.

"The ghost in the study," I inform her and continue portraying my thoughts.

"So maybe these are the ghosts that don't want a war." I say.

"They just attacked you though." Aiden points out.

"Yeah, they tried killing me. They didn't try taking my soul." I smile at Aiden and he understands.

These are the slumbering apparitions that I have woken up. These are in no way the demons and evil ghosts that rome the earth stirring up trouble. Making people move out of their homes and throwing bricks at douches in graveyards. These are the ghosts that are just trapped in the veil looking for an escape. Look for a- well, me. A reaper either in the ghost world or on Earth to resolve their unresolved problems, and to cross them over.

These aren't the ghosts that want to change the world. They want the complete opposite. They want things to remain the same. Killing me would garuntee that. This was good, to know they were not trying to kill me for the ruin of the world but rather so that it remained the same.