Angel Embrace

Taini walked among the humans, Tore at her side. Tore's head wasn't held high, and it wasn't bowed, it was just sort of sitting on top of his neck like he didn't know what to do with it. His dark blue eyes were emotionless, empty. Taini knew he felt something, he just didn't want to show it. It was his personality. The guardian angel glanced over at Tore, wondering what she could do to help him.

Tore's parents were killed by a secret group of people out to get people who danger their 'society'. Ever since he saw his parents killed and narrowly escaped with his life, he never let on with how he was feeling. Never once smiled after that. It was Taini who saved him that night before a member of the group could get to him and kill him too. Taini was his guardian angel. Her job was to help Tore get through his time of grief and open back up, and to protect him from the group that wanted him dead.

Tore turned and walked into a store without any warning, Taini having to backtrack to follow him inside. The store was small, cozy. It held lots of different items on it's shelves, knick-knacks including snow globes, postcards, and other various items. Tore went over to one of the shelves, picking up one of the snow globes and looking it over. It was a pretty little snow globe, having a rearing unicorn inside it with small fake trees dotting the fake terrain, the fake snow laying motionless. Tore gave the snow globe a shake and the snow started to twirl around and around, making a sparkle affect for the unicorn. Taini watched the boy with the snow globe, wondering why he picked up the girly unicorn one when there was a manly dragon one right next to it. Tore turned to look at her.

“Do you like it?” He asked her, holding the snow globe out so she could see it better.

Taini looked at him in confusion. “Yea, it's pretty. Why?”

Tore didn't answer. Instead, he turned around and walked to the counter where a boy with auburn hair stood, his green eyes scanning a magazine in front of him. He glanced up at Tore when Tore got over to the counter, glancing at the snow globe then looking over at Taini. He turned his gaze back to Tore and straightened up.

“A gift for your girlfriend?” The boy's voice was teasing.

Taini's face turned bright red at the comment. “We aren't dating!” Tore didn't react to the question, remaining emotionless.

The boy laughed then took the snow globe from Tore, ringing it up. “Twenty-nine ninety nine.”

“That's too much,” Taini said, watching Tore, “We should be going.”

Tore wasn't listening. He took out his wallet and counted up the money, handing it to the boy. Taini watched him in surprise. The boy gave Tore a penny back then wrapped the snow globe in bubble wrap and put it in bag, handing it to Tore.

“Thank you,” Tore replied, turning from the counter and going over to Taini.

“That was too much money to spend on a snow globe, Tore.” Taini followed him out the door, the boy at the counter chuckling at them the whole time.

“You liked it, I wanted to get you something.” Tore walked down the street the way they were going before.

Taini blushed a bit. “Why?”

“Because, you've been protecting me, I can't think of another way to even start to repay you.” He glanced over his shoulder at her.

“You don't have to repay me, though.” Taini mumbled, hiding her face. Tore shrugged and continued on. Taini hurried after him.

Taini roamed the grocery store, putting various items in her shopping cart that her and Tore needed. Everything felt safe to her, so she left Tore in the music store next door while she shopped. She was in the snack aisle at the moment, on her tip-toes trying to reach an item on the top shelf. She wasn't too short, normal height, but she guessed the owner must have been tall since the shelves were so high.