Not safe enough

Eleanor's POV

Well thinking about my troublesome past wouldn't change anything. I was absolutely new in London so I went where my feet took me. I had no place to live so my priority was to find a decent place to spend the night because there is no way I am sleeping on these roads especially if it's freezing outside.

On my way I felt like someone was following me, I looked behind but found nobody and to be honest I was too tired to think about it right now so I dropped that thought and kept walking.

After one hour of walking I finally found a hotel building. It seemed like a fancy hotel by the look but I didn't have the energy to find a cheap one so I stepped inside hoping that it would be affordable to at least spend a night.

I could still feel someone behind me but again found no one, maybe it's just because I am really tired, I thought to myself.

I walked to the reception. It wasn't as fancy from inside as I thought it would be but it was nice. Name of the hotel was written on the wall with huge letters 'PREMIUM INN'. As I reached the reception, I was greeted by a beautiful girl, glasses covered her deep green eyes and she was wearing the usual hotel uniform.

"Good evening, Welcome to Premium inn."

"Hello..."

"How can I help you Miss?"

"Oh I was looking to get a room for two nights, if possible?"

"Yes sure ma'am, give me a minute" She said before she was interrupted by a voice.

I turned around to see a boy standing behind me. He was about 5'9", his hairs were dirty blonde with side fringe, and I swear his eyes were the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. He was wearing black Adidas jumper with black skinny jeans and some Adidas trainers. In short he was gorgeous.

"I'm also staying in London for a while so I also want a room to stay." He said to the receptionist flirtatiously with a wink.

From the corner of my eye I saw that the receptionist was blushing like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and turned to look expectantly towards the receptionist.

She smiled at both of us, however I felt that the smile was more for the guy behind me.

"I'll get keys for both of you," She said and went inside a room.

"Hey"

I turn to look at the guy.

Was he speaking me? I thought.

"Excuse me...are you talking to me?" I asked confusedly.

He cleared his throat.
"I suppose we are the only two standing here so I guess I am talking to you," he said with smirk.

"OH! Okay." I said.

"I am Louis and you are?" He asked offering his hand.

"Eleanor" I shook his hand and looked away.

"So what a beautiful girl like you is doing in London?" He asked with a smirk. That smirk again!

"I.......I.....I'm.....hey! that's none of your business." I snapped.

"Calm there, I just asked a random question"

"Okay. But it will be better for you if you don't ask me about any random questions" I was too tired to have a polite conversation with anyone right now. One thing you should know about me is that I get really cranky when I am tired so better stay away from me when I just walked for an hour after a long flight. Besides he was having that flirty and smugly aura around him that gave me a more good reason to be rude with him.

"Whoa! That was rude," he feigned hurt expressions.

"OH! You found it rude," I mocked, "so you better not talk to me."

He opened his mouth to reply when the receptionist came back with keys.

I took the keys and followed her to our rooms and to my disappointment he was staying in room no 31 while my room no was 30.

There is no way he would want to talk to me after that interaction. I hate those guys who would flirt with every female they see. God.

Anyways I went inside my room and It was beautiful. The pale green wallpapers around the room, flamboyant the beauty of the room. The furniture was also a model of art with delicate white lilies all over the border.

After getting a quick shower and changing into my comfy clothes, I jumped on the bed. I swiftly snugged into my bed and pulled the blanket over me thinking that the soft mattress might make me fall into deep slumber. But after hours I found myself wide awake.

The night was sleepless. Although everything was cosy enough for me to be lost into the valley of dreams but still no use. That's the thing about me, I can't settle in a new place quickly.

As I was trying to sleep, I heard a loud noise of breaking glass making me jump out of my bed in surprise. Something hard thing had hit my room window. Broken glass was scattered across the shiny floor. I got out of my bed and carefully went closer to the broken window making sure to avoid the shattered glass spread through the floor. Turning on the light didn't come to my mind instead moon was giving me enough light.

I noticed a paper wrapped around something.

I opened the paper carefully and found a stone which I threw at a side and my eyes grew wide in shock as I read the note and that's when I knew I wasn't safe anymore.

"Never forget that I will remove every evidence of the murder including YOU."

The statement sent a wave of cold through my skull and I felt helpless. But then I recovered myself as fast as I could. I quickly looked outside the broken window only to see tall dark trees laughing at me.

I threw the stone outside the window and kept the note by the side of my bed on the night stand.

I knew who threw this. It was him. He said that he will find me and he did. An involuntary tear dropped from my sleepless eyes. I knew that I wasn't safe since I had witnessed the murder. But I thought it might be possible that after leaving Chicago I could be safe.....Safer enough to stay out of the reach of the murderer.

But I was wrong. He found me.

If my nights  had been sleepless ever since that incident so now after getting this death threat here in London even after leaving that place, I don't think so sleep would dare to come closer to me.