attuma x mermaid! reader

(Description of my version of a mermaid, covered in scales from head to tail, long hair, webbed hands with claws, small fins attached to your ears, decorated with pearls, gills in your neck and sharp teeth)

You lay curled up in the tank you called home, ever since the human with the red face had caught you (red skull), all you did was sleep, you hardly swam anymore and rearly ate. It was because of distress and the fact that you had been taken from your home.

You missed your family and friends, but you missed your freedom, before you where captured you would find sea shells and various other things that humans had dropped. You still had your little bag with you full of various things.

When the door opened, you buried your face even further in your arms.

'There you see she won't move or eat' a voice said, it was the red faced man 'will you see what is wrong with her'

'I'll try' another voice said

There was a short silence before you felt a splash in the water and a hand on your shoulder, you looked under your arm and saw something that looked like a cross between a man and a mermaid. You sat up fully and looked at him with wide (e/c) eyes.

'May I help you' You asked

'So you can talk' the creature replied

'Well of course I can'

Attuma couldn't deny the emotions in your eyes and started to look you over, when he went to touch you, you swiped your claws at him.

'What was that for' he asked

'What do you think' You replied, folding your arms

'Well you could at least tell me your name'

'It's (y/n)'

It was a long silence before the man started to talk again

'Mine's attuma' he told you 'I like the pearls in your hair'

You sighed and tried not to cry, that was what your dad would say to you and you would watch your mother put pearls in her hair. Soft sobs escaped from your lips and attuma placed his hand on your shoulder, making you looking at him.

'Are you alright' he asked

You looked heart broken before you lunged into his arms, crying into his shoulder.

'I want to go home' You sobbed

Attuma kissed your head and rocked you back and forth. It made you feel slightly better that you had finally talked about it.