Zoro #8 - Nightmares -

MarvelIdjit18
As the rest of the crew was sleeping, one would think, Y/N was woken up in tears. Shaking, she tried to rid herself of the memory.
...
It had been a year since her little brother had died. Right before Y/N had joined the Straw Hats, her brother had been killed by bandits. He was all she had left after her parents left left them. And seeing him die in front of her? It broke her. If that never happened, she wouldn't have joined the Straw Hats. What would her brother think of what she had done? Killing everyone in her hometown, she was now a wanted woman. Upon meeting the Straw Hats, they saw the real her. A girl who had been hurt and lost it. They brought her in, forced her in rather. Luffy had seen her and saw her fight and announced she would be joining his crew. She didn't eat or talk to anyone that night. Then, she met Zoro. He had found her in his usual nap area. He apologized to her for Luffy's sillyness, but before he was finished, she poured her heart out to him, clinging onto his shirt. Ever since then she had fallen for the Marimo. Little did she know he felt the same.
...
She got out of bed to get a glass of water, yet found herself walking to where she knew Zoro would be. The Crow's Nest. One look at her, and Zoro was rushing to her, holding her in his muscular arms. "Y/N, what happened?" He whispered, rubbing circles into her back. "There's one thing I didn't tell you that night. Ever since my brother died, I've had nightmares every night and I can't take it seeing all that again. I didn't want to tell anyone about it but I j-just trust you so-" "You idiot." Zoro grumbled, interrupting her as he picked her up and placed her over his shoulder. "W-where are we going?" Y/N asked. "Baka. You really think I'm going to let you sleep alone now that I know you have these nightmares? Now shut up so you don't wake the others." Zoro said.
...
There Y/N laid, arms around Zoro, smiling for the first time in over a year. Zoro held on to her, never wanting to let her go.
"I love you, Y/N."
"I love you too, stupid Marino." Y/N whispered before pecking him on the lips.
"Thank you."