Chapter 1

The girl on the screen looked like the epitome of someone weak.

Firstly, she was unusually short; she was almost a whole head shorter than the two bullies in front of her. Secondly, she looked brittle, like thin glass; there were dark circles under her eyes and a small, bleeding cut on her lip.

And yet, there was no sign of fear in her young features. Instead, she simply looked annoyed, as if she wasn't in danger at all.

"This is interesting. Watch," 74 stated.

73 took one halfhearted glance, rolled his eyes, and looked away. "Don't joke around. That girl's going to die, you know."

"I'm not joking. She knows what she's doing. Watch."

The girl was holding hands with a little boy. He couldn't have been more than six years old. He was her younger brother, probably; there were more than a few similarities between their appearances.

One of the bullies uttered a few words - presumably a threat - and pointed a finger to the little boy, sneering. The girl scowled and stepped protectively in front of her brother, retorting something in return.

She must have been incredibly brave to talk back to them like that. Or maybe just incredibly delusional?

The first bully reached out to punch the little boy. With a speed that was almost inhuman, the girl grabbed his arm and twisted it around, causing it to bend backwards at an awkward angle that likely broke it. With her other arm, she elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to stumble backwards and lose his balance. He crumbled to the ground, clutching his stomach, his expression a grim contortion of pain.

The second bully took the chance to grab her brother's arm, but it was a pointless move. The girl whipped around, her eyes flashing with anger, and pushed the second bully against the wall. She smashed his head against the surface, over and over again, until he finally fell limp under her grasp, dark red blood trailing down the crimson bricks behind him.

She spoke a few words, and although no sound was playing, her lips could easily be read:

"What did he ever do to you? He's only five... what did he ever freaking do?"

Her brother was crying. There was a shallow gash on his arm, probably from the second bully's nails, and it was bleeding slightly. The next word that came from her mouth was equally as easily read:

"...Shit."

"I like this girl," said 74, pausing the screen. "I'm recruiting her."

"You serious?" Asked 73, raising an eyebrow. "You reject half a dozen of hot army chicks, but you pick her?  She's not even properly trained."

"She's special."

"Yeah." Sarcasm dripped from 73's voice. "First to die is always special-"

"You'll see." 74 interrupted, leaning back in his chair. "This girl's going to be the winner."

73 rolled his eyes. "How would you know?"

The taller boy smirked, pushing the white hair from his moonstone eyes. "Intuition."

_____ ___ _ Chapter 1: END _ ___ _____

So. This story's plot will be a bit elusive for a few chapters, because I'm still experimenting with it. But I hope this was okay. Thanks for reading it!