Saving His Humanity

We all want that person that makes us calm in the soul
And crazy in the flesh

"Your destiny still awaits my child." Old Quill said as the pack took me to him in questioning why I had phased.

"We've never had a female before, besides Leah of coarse, but is this going to be a regular thing now?" Sam questioned and Old Quill nodded.

"It's just rare, but it does happen, usually a wolf phases half way through puberty, but it happens after. Abigail here has phased at the appropriate age so that she can live with her mate." He explained and we all looked confused.

"That's not how it works though..." Jake said unsure.

"It is if you're mated to a vampire." Everyone looked at me and I shrunk in my seat.

"Vampire!?! Who is it!? I'll kill him if he thinks he's touching my sister!" Paul shouted before getting hit in the head by Old Quill's walking stick, making him groan.

"We don't hurt imprints boy! You Know That! As it turns out, she is mated to one of the original vampires. The originals were born over 1000 years ago and still walk the earth today, your mate is the original hybrid, a man of wolf and vampire. Most think this man evil for the things he's done, but in truth, he is hurt, and alone in the world. It doesn't excuse his wrong doings but I think, that if he knew you from the beginning of him being a vampire then maybe everything in his life would be different."

"Wait, Klaus Mikaelson is her imprint? We've heard the story's, that man is a monster." Emily spoke walking to Sam's side holding a plate of giant cookies. We all took 2 and continued to listen.

"No, not a monster. He was hurt long ago by the people who promised to protect him. He believes he's all alone in the world because of this, he can't trust people. But Abigail is going to change his mind, you will make him trust you, even before he knows you're his mate."

"So what? You want her to go live with him for 1000 years?" Seth laughed and soon we all joined in.

"No, I want you to go back in time so he can meet you, know you for a little while, just before and after he turns into a vampire. Periodical visits throughout time after that, and then you'll come back here, where you can be happy together." We all looked at him stunned.

"Are you being serious? How can I even do that? What if I die?!"

"Then you'll come back here and try again. You will be fine child, I have seen it. He will be overcome with your beauty and kind heart he will fall in love with you before he even becomes a werewolf."

"Wait, a shifter? Or a real werewolf?" Leah tried to clarify.

"Real. They imprint too, but they call it mating, unlike imprinting he will be able to go without seeing you for long periods of time, with the knowledge that you're coming back of coarse, where as you won't. I've been preparing this for some time. The potion and spell is ready, you will travel to the night that his brother died. Save him, both of them. Drink this."

"Oh, we're doing this now?" I asked fearfully and he smiled down at me.

"He will protect you child, always and forever." He handed me a small bottle and spoke an incantation as I drank and began to feel dizzy. The next thing I knew, everything went black.