The Silencer AKA Assassin (1)

ok well here's the first chapter. If people like it I'll write more. Its not brilliant but its fun to write. I'm still thinking of title so suggestions welcome. Oh and please comment and be brutally honest.

1

I walked in and everybody's eyes turned in my direction. I would like to put it down to new girl syndrome but this wasn't high school and everybody was new. This was girl syndrome. In the world of assassins a girl is a rare sighting and it looked as if there were only two of us out of the eight that got into the governments assassins program. I remember coming for the interview; there was around twenty-five people invited for the interview and only seven were female. They sill stared at me, including the girl. Jeez talk about girl power and sticking together. Then a guy in a red shirt told me that the high school was two blocks down. Funny. The assassin school poses as a private university with all in all fewer than thirty students and a whole lot of other people. This guy was an idiot. I comforted myself with the thought that he would probably be the first to be kicked out of the program. Some other guy snickered and I shot him a cold glare. I walked to the back and sat down. So what if I was only seventeen?

I already knew most of the assassin stuff anyway. I could ace this. My Grandfather had been a government assassin - one of the best - since he was twenty-six. When I turned fourteen he started teaching me some of the stuff they teach at the school, though none of the kill stuff yet. Just the basics like stealth, fighting, disguise, weapon identification and handling. Those kinds of things. Gramps also taught me how to identify a hit.

I didn't know what he was training me for; I just thought it was good bonding now that he'd retired. Until I was sixteen and then he started teaching me the real stuff. He had said that I had it, the magic "it" that made the best assassins. But I need this school, so no matter how much I already know, I'm going to work. Hard.

Some guy walked in. He had strong, defined features that were actually attractive. But the I-have-a-carrot-up-my-arse expression kind of took something away from his general appeal.

"Today marks the beginning of your training. Most of you would have dropped out by the third year. In your first two years you will study stealth, disguise, weaponry, computer manipulation and seduction. You will also be required to study a degree through the correspondence university. Fail any of these and you will be expelled. Here are your time tables."

Ok so this was a bit like high school. Timetables?

Suddenly my brain registered what he had said. I glanced down at my timetable and there it was in black and white...seduction. 101, Frank, Susan. Second period. Oh no.

We started our first lesson of the day - the history of assassinations. I could barely concentrate even though the agent teaching it to us was energetic and the topic was interesting (assassination conspiracies). Seduction was certainly one of the things gramps hadn't covered in our lesson, thank goodness. Talk about awkward. I'm shy when it comes to boys and I generally get what I want without using my still undiscovered sex-appeal. My current boyfriend got that status due to his own initiative.

Second period began with no bell to end it. Just one agent walking out and another walking in. Agent Frank looked kind of plain which surprised me. After all, she was supposed to be teaching us the ultimate art of seduction. Then she pouted, ran a hand through red curls and popped out a hip. I could suddenly see why she was teaching seduction. Within the space of ten seconds she had turned from someone easily forgettable into Louis Lane. She explained to us the importance of seduction, and then told us we would trade partners every 3 months so everybody would get a chance to seduce the girls. Most of the guys did not look pleased at the idea of having to seduce each other but it seemed that this was going to be one interesting course. Agent Frank started pairing us up, "Aarya and Alex." Oh god. Here we go. Please don't let me throw up on him.