Chapter 8: The Light and Shadow

After a few days of getting use to the soreness from the scare that was still healing, I started fighting, scorcery, and hunting lessons with Muddy, Tramp, and Charm. Chocolate only helped little; he normally shy around me. Charm has taught me many things throught the last few days, and has taught me about her culter. Its a cloudy land up in the sky. All of her relatives are leaders of each element, and her kinds main element is cloud and air, because of the fact that she lived in the clouds. The home she once lived in is a huge clouded island that floats around the world; it controls the weather. Her kind rarely comes to earth, but when they do, her kind will help with battles or would blend in with the other creatures. They hide mainly from the humans, so they aren't hunted down.

When they are at their home, they look like their element. When they control the weather, they will make the seasons change, make it rain, snow, hail, storm; you name it. But the worst storms like tornadoes, or wild fires, or drout is from the evil ones. They try to ruin the life of the earth, by doing deserterous things. they are banned from using much magic and are almost like the earthly creatures. the unicorn region, and these creatures go head to head with one another, but the unicorns usually win.

Today, though, Charm is showing me, Speed, and Hoofe some great techniques in using magic and physical movement. "Okay guys, you're first going to center your energy. Then you will get into your fighting stance, which should be a good stance. When you do that, you will choose the energy you choose to use and control it, then once conquered, then I will show you guys the next step. If you need help I will show you guys the steps on how to do this." She said with a well gestured body.

'This is too easy.' I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes.

"Concentrate, Dash." Charm said looking at me in the corner of her eye.

I chuckled, then closed my eyes. I feel my energy raising; I could feel it circling around me. I had to contain it. As I stood there, I could sense other energies around me. 'What are these energies?' I thought to myself confused.

"Don't worry about the other energies you sense. That is natural. I will tell you guys how to tell the difference between each after you guys get use to getting yours under control." Charm said to everyone.

'Did she read my mind? Or was that coincidence?' I thought to myself.

'I can read your mind, Dash. I can read any mind I can.' I hear a voice say to me.

It must have been Charm's voice that I heard, but I said nothing more; or thought of anything more. After a few seconds, I feel my energy narrow down into different orbs. I open my eyes, and could see nothing, but the life source of every creature close in my sight. 'Whoa!' I thought to myself.

I instinctively closed my eyes and reopened them, and seen things normally. I blinked a few times, then looked at Charm. "Good job, Dash. You controlled your energy first. Now you will wait for your brother and sister to get finished." Charm said.

"Okay." I said.

I walked passed Charm, and I could feel her eyes following me. I ignore the best I could the following eyes as I went to sit down. As I sat down, I sighed as Charm looked back to my siblings. I scratched the back of my head, and looked around. After a while of doing nothing, I started to get tired of sitting on the ground. I tried to get up, "Stay seated, Dash." Charm said without turning her head.

I look up to her in shock that she knew that I was getting up. I then glare at her and slowly sit back down. 'Why am I even listening to her? I can take her down anyways if I wanted to.' I thought to myself.

I sigh again, then lay down and started to pick the grass and throw it from my fingers. As I lay there on my right side, holding my head up with my hand, I look up at Charm to see if she was looking. 'She's not looking. I should be able to get up to stretch my legs.' I said starting to slowly get up to my feet.