Chapter 1 Aria

Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought that I would wake up to see trees toppling over my head, drowning me in a forest scent. I sat up thinking that I would be awakened from a crazy dream, but to my surprise I wasn't dreaming. I stood up and looked around. Trees. Everywhere. 

I got up and ran. Faster. Faster. Faster. I kept going and didn't stop until I lost my balance and rolled down a hill covered in twigs and sharp, prickly vines. I knew that my knee had started to bleed and by the time I got up it had bled through my thin black leggings but my fear  kept me going. I wanted out of this forest. 

I was confused and lost and there were about a million words and questions going through my head at the moment. I then heard a movement in  the trees and looked over and saw a man in a black outfit and I immediately knew every thing. That one memory of a man in a black hood made me remember at once. 

My friends! I need to find them! 

" Hannah! Spencer! Emily!" I yelled at once. 

No answer.

I kept running once again. It was my only hope. As I bolted through the trees I realized that the forest was becoming more open. I could tell the downtown Rosewood was close. I could smell the coffee  coming from the Brew and I could hear people chatting. 

Once I finally got to the end of the forest I slid through the bristles of the pine and sat on the bench. I found my phone in my silky sweatshirt pocket and called Hannnahs cell.

No answer. 

I was so upset and my legs were killing me, it felt like needles were piercing through my skin, and I could feel blood soaking my pants. I started to cry. I didn't know what else to do. Why was are life like this?

Why did Ali have to create all of this hurt?

And why did we have to choose to be her friend?

I looked around downtown Rosewood and realized that it was so peaceful and that the only fear and hurt was in my heart. I wanted to call out for help but the only thing that came out were sobs of my weary soul.