XVI. Pure Drunk Love

Skye's P.O.V

"We've got a hit, let's go." Sarah quickly grabs her stuff and we run out the doors of the precinct. Behind us, other officers get in their own squad cars. I feel a bit of the stress fading away but I know I will be more relaxed once we get Audrey back safely. I just hope we reach there in time. Mr. Sawman or Nathan Henley's van was stopped outside a grid work of warehouses by a security guard. We are going there right now.

"Take this." Sarah hands me a gun while she steers through traffic.

"I don't think so." I shake my head.

"Take it, Skye." Her tone is more stern and I swallow and take the gun with shaky hands. "I can't risk giving him a chance to escape."

"Sarah..." I say after a while. "I'm sorry, for everything."

"Apologize later, save Audrey first." She replies in a clipped voice and I sink deeper into my seat.

"I can't trust him anymore." I whisper softly enough for Sarah to not hear it. A lone tear slides down my face and I quickly wipe it off. I'm wrong. Everything I've been doing ever since I met him has been wrong. I've lost myself. I have lost Skye Reid. 

As we make our way to warehouse, I realized I need to get her back. So I do what Skye would do when we reach, I jump out of the car and run. I'm going to save Audrey, whatever the consequences. The SWAT team will take time to set up. Precious time that we just do not have.

The land comprises of four sections like in a grid. Four huge warehouses that covered a lot of ground. We found the van parked next to warehouse C and that is where the SWAT team is assembling. But something just doesn't feel right. For someone who went through such meticulous planning to bring us here, it's not in his nature to just show us the way, is it? Maybe he wants to get caught? I shake my head. This isn't the time to think deep, Skye.

I hold the gun in my hands and make my way to the warehouse quietly. But something or actually someone stops me.

"Skye." He grabs my arm and pulls me before I make the turn.

"Christopher? What the hell are you doing here?!" I involuntarily hold the gun to his torso.

"Is that really necessary?" He smirks and pushes my hands away. "He's not in that warehouse, Skye."

"What do you mean he isn't? The trail..."

"Tell me you don't believe that." He says, nailing it right on the head. "D, Skye. Warehouse D. He is watching your team enter the wrong place while he is about to kill Audrey."

"How can I trust you? Out of all people." I bring the gun back to his torso and my mind just keeps on shouting the word 'shoot!" Pull the trigger, Skye. Just do it and end this crap. He seems hurt at my words but they are the truth, nevertheless.

"I know you can't. But I also know what you feel. Listen this once, Skye. I am merely stating what is being said in your head." I close my eyes, thinking I can shut him out that way. "Don't." He sounds more pained and gives me a kiss on my forehead. "Don't shut me out now. Not when it matters. Go save Audrey, Skye, you're the only person who can." I felt his body heat disappear and when I opened my eyes, I realized he left. I look around but I can't see him anywhere but now there is only one thing that matters. Saving Audrey, but no, not in warehouse C.

I make my way into the building quietly. The room has curtains of plastic hanging around and I walk through them as quietly as I can. Up ahead, I can see a blurry white background and I know this is exactly where she is. I turn two small steps in one big leap and I quickly make my way to her. I hear a churning sound of a saw rotating.