four;; robbers

well, now that you've got your gun
it's much harder now the police have come
now i'll shoot him if it's what you ask
but if you just take off your mask
you'd find out everything's gone wrong

xx

Under the pretense of a man in a dark cloak, I slunk into the Howling Lupus. The bar was full of men, loud chatter, wicked laughter, clinking glass, and the sound of something going up in flames. I slipped onto a bar stool, glaring at anyone who passed by. Asking for a good whiskey and keeping my voice low and gruff, I dropped a dollar bill onto the bartender's hand. I looked around for someone who seemed knowledgeable, as it was information that I needed - what the security was like at the Bank Caronava. Picking up my whiskey, I headed for a large man discussing deals at a table by the side of the room. Impatiently I hissed, leaning against the wall as I waited for them to goddamn leave so I can talk to the guy. After a good five minutes, the group left, chuckling and exchanging knowing glances at each other while the man just counted his cash.

I slid onto the seat opposite, and he raised his eyebrow as he studied me, his eyes full of scorn. "You're a woman." "So?" I snapped back, not bothering to make my voice gruff anymore. "I'm not here to discuss whether a woman can be a villain, I'm here to get what I want." I snarled, digging my nails onto the wooden table and letting the cloak fall off. "Oh please." he laughed, not giving me any consideration at all. "You're just a woman. Now go back to where you belong, scrubbing floors and taking care of children-" I didn't let him finish. I got to my feet and hitting his skull with my closed fist. I didn't have time for this, I'll just figure out the Bank on my own. When I realized the bar had gone quiet and the man was towering over me, jabbing a finger in my direction.

My heartbeat was ringing in my ears but I just stared back at him squarely in the eye, smiling. I slid my hand into the pocket of my dress, pulling out a gun without looking at the guy. He raised his own fist to punch me, and it collided with my head, and I collapsed onto the ground and pulled my gun into view, firing it blindly at his leg as he screeched, kicking at me with his other foot. It hit my side with force and I doubled over. I shot at him again, at an advantage as I had a handy pistol. This time setting off two bullets, one now embedded in his chest and another one at his left shoulder. As I struggled to my feet, blood slid down from where the poisonous bullets pierced his skin, and while the red flashed against my vision, I outwardly laughed coldly, forcing the bile down. His eyes widened with shock, but his legs betrayed him and he fell to the ground, swearing foully at me. Before I doubted myself, I kicked him hard in the groin, where human skin was tenderer.

A screech ripped from his throat, and he grasped at nothing, his eyes rolling with fear as the blood stained the wooden ground. The poison was already spreading, I knew that beforehand - even one bullet from that gun would be fatal, it just took longer. Not being able to stand and watch, I just let out a cackle and spun on my heel, leaving the Lupus while quiet applause rang out. I learned later the guy was a scam, often giving out false information and taking others' money, only powerful because of his reputation.

Strange ease filled my being as I stalked down the street, refastening the cloak with a slightly trembling hand. Throwing the hood back onto my head, I strode purposefully towards the alleyway, the shortcut to my home nearby. A sudden crash caused me to stop and glare, but my gaze only fell on a black cat that slipped out from near the sewer. It had green hued eyes and they narrowed to slits when I approached, lowering myself down to its level slowly. It considered me, its claws out, its ears flattened against its head. Upon closer inspection it was a male. I reached out slowly with a hand and he bared his teeth at me, but his stance was more relaxed now, his shoulders loosened and fur back to normal. "What's your name, little guy?" I chuckled under my breath, daring to touch his jet black fur. He tilted his head slightly, flicking his ear as if he was thinking.

"Would Jack be a good name?" I asked, creeping closer now, keeping my footsteps silent and posture friendly and unaggressive. It let out the quietest meow, raising its tail. I nodded at him. "Well, nice to meet you, Jack. Maybe I'll see you again. Try to be bad, it's fun." Rising to my feet again, I walked away from the cat, turning at the end of the alley to find him still staring at me, when he dipped his head before slipping back into the shadows. "Bye, Jack." I laughed lowly, and headed home.

Doesn't it feel so good to be bad?

xx

eeeee song doesnt go with the chapter, but whatever. jack was unplanned, i just like the idea of scarlet having a cat too much. anywayy i hope y'all like this rather long chapter!

- lynn x