Savvy nodded and pulled on Elise's arm, tugging her upstairs to the VIP section, leaving Jessie behind. Ivy was the only one that followed. Upstairs were sections that were essentially large rooms but with one wall being sheer curtains for entry and to give the room a sexy feel. The rooms were for private dances, highrollers, or if someone was having a party. Most sections were filled that night. Savvy took Elise and Ivy to a section way at the back, the corner room, which was much larger than the others. Elise was surprised that it wasn't taken yet.

"Do you want a private dance?" Savvy asked when Elise and Ivy were settled. The question was directed at Elise and only Elise.

Elise glanced at Ivy. "Uh, not right now. Could you get us some drinks, maybe?"

Savvy nodded enthusiastically and fluttered away, leaving the curtains swaying behind her. Ivy adjusted herself on her leather chair, as did Elise, though Elise was sitting in the crook of an L shaped couch.

"She didn't ask what we wanted," Ivy commented.

"She knows what I want."

Ivy raised an eyebrow. "So. You come here often?" It wasn't a pickup line but an actual question that wanted an answer.

"Yeah."

"I figured you'd like places like this but I had no idea that you'd be one of those pervy people that's here 24/7."

"I'm not one of those people."

"The dancers know you by name."

"Because I respect them."

"Mhm." Ivy crossed her left leg over her right. "I think you've been digging your claws into these girls. They clearly like you. A lot. Plan on sleeping with all of them? Or have you already done that?"

Elise growled to pull away from her blush and glared at Ivy from across the room. "I haven't slept with any of them, and I'm not going to."

"No?"

"No. This is their job, their workplace. I'm not taking advantage of that. I may come here a lot but I'm not a scumbag. I respect these ladies for their dancing skills and I want to support them, no matter what their reason for being here."

Playing with her tongue piercing, Ivy tapped a finger on the arm of her chair. "You're more noble than I thought. You can't tell me you don't enjoy the show though."

"That's irrelevant."

"Well, it's the reason you came in here the very first time, right? To see some skin?"

Elise laid her arms out over the couch and spread her legs. "No, and why I came in here is no business of yours."

Ivy shrugged and focused her gaze on the sheer curtains. Elise leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling. The memory of why she had come into the club in the first place replayed in her head. Cav had been working as a dancer for a short time, keeping it a secret until a mutual friend spilled the beans by accident. Elise had come into the club ready to drag Cav out kicking and screaming if necessary, but Elise realized that that wasn't the way to handle the situation. Instead, Elise supported her cat friend and turned into a silent protector. Elise found herself showing up whenever Cav was due to work. She wanted to protect Cav at all costs from sickos and perverts. They were family and Elise couldn't just do nothing. Elise knew Cav could protect herself but that didn't stop Elise from showing up to the club and keeping an eye out. With her presence, Elise had got to know some of the other girls and felt a kinship with them too. Elise had essentially become an unpaid bouncer and, eventually, even the owner had taken notice. The owner, a seasoned woman named Rayna, had become Elise's close friend. Rayna had even offered Elise a job but Elise declined since Cav was already over her dancing phase by then. Though she didn't take the job, Elise still showed up to the club, feeling the need to continue protecting the girls, a large majority of whom were human.