Chapter 9 ~ so close i couldn't breathe

"Cody?" I called into the empty streets that surrounded me "Jade? Hello?" I felt relief wash over me as I saw the familiar figure of Cody walking towards me. Although his body was shaded, I would recognize him anywhere "Cody! There you-"my voice caught in my throat as he stepped into the dim light of the street lamp. I muffled a scream with my hand as I stared into the bloody eyes of my best friend. His face seemed like it had been smashed , blood stained his once white clothes and his arms seemed crooked like they had been forced in odd angles. bones protruded from his bleeding abdomen, he raised one mangled finger at me using an arm that looked like it had been smashed repetitively on the ground

"you did this" he croaked out in a hoarse voice

"no" was all I managed to choke out

"you did this!" he screamed at me and his eyes turned a violent shade of black, adding a demonic look to his blood filled eyes. He grabbed me by the throat with ruff hands that once held me in the middle of the night after one of my vivid nightmares. "You could have saved me but you didn't!"

he opened his mouth like he was about to speak again, but nothing came out. With one last choking noise he coughed blood at me before collapsing at my feet.

I shot up waking myself from the dream, I put my hand up to my mouth and screamed into it. I could feel hot tears seep down my cheeks and rolling off my jaw, some running down my neck and making their way into the uniform I never bothered taking off when I had fallen asleep under the stars after a day of titan evasion and killing.

after my persistence to calm my breathing and force the tears to stop finally paid off, I got up and rolled up the cream sleeping bag I had woken up in. slipping it into my bag that I returned to its place on a wooden cart I pulled my cloak over my shoulders and decided I would take over for one of the night watchers considering I had no plans to ever sleep again, let alone tonight.

The moon was still high in the sky by the time I made it to the large tree an unknown soldier leaned against while he kept watch of the sleeping brigade.

"I can take over from here. Go to sleep." I didn't bother making my voice sound friendly or welcoming. In fact, it sounded more like a command than anything else. Not intentional of course, just a force of habit from years of leading a small yet powerful band of juvenile thugs.

I was surprised by the owner of the voice that responded to me "I'm fine."

"shouldn't someone as high ranking as you be doing something more pristine than the night watch?"

"generally, yes. However I wasn't sleeping anyway. There was no point to exhaust another for the sake of laziness."

I just nodded. I wasn't in the mood to argue with Levi. I silently took a seat next to him and we both leaned against the thick tree trunk together in since. We were sitting so close whenever one of us fidgeted to much our arms would touch. It was awkward, but at the same time calming. To be so close to someone I had known for so long. Even if he was never a direct part of my life he had saved my life once, and up until the day he left he seemed to somehow indirectly affect my life in some sort of way.

As the minuet's dragged on I thought neither of us would ever speak, but I was wrong. "I never wanted to see you again." It wasn't an insult.

It was his way of saying he never wanted to see me there. Not in the Survey corps at least. Not under these circumstances.

"I've never said thank you you know." Even though my eyes were on the sky, I could feel his on me. It sent chills down my spine.

"For what?" he knew what.

"For saving my life."

"That was years ago."

"It may have been. But because I know it was year's ago is why I am grateful. I owe you, Levi Ackerman."

This time, when he spoke, I turned to him. So I could try to decipher the impossible feeling behind his cold grey eyes. "You don't owe me anything. Just please, don't get yourself killed." He looked at me. Right in my black eyes. His face was close to mine, so close I couldn't breathe. To close "Alice Sixx"

This is really short and I'm sorry. i really just wanted some cute Sixx and Levi moments so here is some of that! working on chapter 10 right now! should be up by Sunday!

Much love <3 !!