Chapter One

''Oh, look, who finally decided to please us with their presence.'' My mom said sarcasically, with that kind of tone that almost made me go up the wall, but I promised myself not to make this day any harder or more complicated than it already was. ''Yeah, yeah, sorry, I guess.'' I mumbled dishonestly when I jogged down the last few stairs, simply tossing the bag in front of my mum's feet impolitely and pass her, harshly brushing her arm on my way to the kitchen. She gasped at my actions and tilted her head to look after me, or atleast I thought so; I could feel her eyes on my back, but when I turned around to check, she was gone.

My mom only wanted the best for me, and deep down, underneath my cocky asshole behaviour and stubborn head, I knew that. I also knew I shouldn't treat her the way I did the past few weeks, knowing if my dad would find out, I'd be a dead man. He was protective over her, understandingly, because I was too. I guess I was just mad that she agreed on sending me away.

When I reached the kitchen, I got greeted by Noah who stood at the opened fridge and drank the last can of Red Bull; he was probably just as tired as I was, but different than him, I was in a shit mood. ''Morning, buttface.'' I said with an emotionless expression and pushed him away from the fridge, not in a playful manner, but in a really unfriendly manner - and I couldn't care less about it. Noah lost his balance and stumbled backwards, almost falling on his bottom, but he could rescue himself from actually falling last minue, yet; he spilled Red Bull all over his new, white shirt.

''Fuck, Justin, are you crazy?!'' Noah asked shocked, his mouth wide open when he looked down at his shirt, but I was too busy looking for something to eat. Hm, nothing that seemed appealing to me. I closed the fridge, coldly ignoring the fact that my little brother was speaking to me. From the corner of my eye, I saw him shaking his head, ''You're such an asshole.'' I smirked. For some odd reason, I didn't feel insulted, because I knew it was true, I was an asshole, and everyone knew. I've got nothing to hide. Or that's what I always thought. Right?

''C'mon, don't be such a baby. It's just Red Bull, so stop throwing such a scene about it.'' I told him and reached for the plate full of fruits, simply grabbing an apple and leant my behind against the kitchen counter, facing my little bro. I took a bite of the green apple and looked at Noah mindlessly. The way he looked at me, I could see it; he couldn't wait to finally get rid of me. I'd be gone for one school year, of course he would enjoy it. No more injuries. No more fights. No more Justin. It was quite amusing to me that they honestly thought I wouldn't see right through it. That sparkle in their eyes whenever they talked about Poland and me finally being so far away. The same sparkle I saw in my parents' eyes.

Was I surprised? No. Did it hurt me? Yes.

Suddenly, my mom's shriek pulled me out of my thoughts, and I instantly cocked my head to the door. ''I only left you two alone for a whole minute and you already managed to spill something all over you.'' She was talking to Noah, and I couldn't help the grin that took over my face. ''Mom, Justin,--'' he began, but mom was furious, stressed and obviously not in the mood for your shit, Noah. ''No, you,'' she cut him off and pointed at his shirt, ''will go upstairs now and change,'' she pointed to the staircase, not taking her eyes off him, ''while we wait in the car for you.'' Oh, I take everything back; my mom's my hero.

Being caught up and entertained by the events that took place right in front of my eyes, I haven't noticed I chuckled until Noah walked away and gave me a glare. I cleared my throat and tried to hide the amused grin on my face, but I was convinced it didn't work. I looked after him until he disappeared up the stairs into his giant room that was still nowhere near to as big as mine. ''Your father's already waiting in the car. Come on, we're late.'' With a plain nod, I threw the apple into the dustbin near me (and thankfully - no idea how I did this - scored) and followed my mom out the kitchen. I grabbed the bag that I, so beautifully and gracefully, tossed down at the floor a few moments ago before I threw it over my shoulder. My mom has opened the door for me and was already on her way to the black Audi SUV my father owned.