My three best friends who always had something to say we're speechless, much how I felt in the other apartment.

"Well..." Hamilton started.

"Uhh..." Alice intelligently announced

"Shit. " Tara finished.

I nodded picking up my mint choc chip ice cream tub. "Quite literally what I said when I saw him."

Hamilton placed a hand on my knee and his azure eyes looked into mine, he had tousled hair with white blonde tips. On anyone else it would look lame, but on him, it gave him a dangerous edge. Hamilton was gorgeous and so gay that I was jealous of anyone who would manage to steal his heart. He had known his sexual orientation since he was 5 years old and he owned it better than I would have been able to. He gave me so much strength because life was far from easy for him, being so openly homosexual made him a target for small minded people.

We met when I was 15 and had just transferred to the new private school for the intellectually gifted or something similar. Hamilton had been sent there as a last resort to weed out the torture of bullies. Everyone was buzzing about my arrival and I was welcomed with open arms. My first day I had come across a group of jerks who had taken it upon themselves to talk on behalf of the school population.

"I, Edward Grant Graham, am here to tell you that nobody wants you here!"

He was being held by three guys while another one threw a punch in the guys gut. I frowned unsure of what to do, this was a prestigious school, but I guess I was a fool to think that bullying didn't occur here.

"Nobody wants to get HIV from you, fag!"

I was going to walk away and talk to a teacher but I froze in my place when I heard how much hate had filled in that one word. I shivered in disgust and that's when I lost my temper. I stormed over to the guy and pulled on his shoulder making him fall on his ass.

"Speak for everyone else but me!" I eyed as I pulled my fist back and punched the kid in the face. I mean his initials spelt E.G.G I tried to take pity on him because of that but as he spat blood at my feet he sneered at me.

"You're Elizabeth Lawson and you're standing up for him?!" He exclaimed pointing in Hamilton's direction. I glared at him, and he visibly flinched.

"He's probably more man than any of you pathetic excuses for men!"

I looked into Edward's eyes and growled in the back of my throat. "At least he's honest about who he is."

I guessed that was the last straw because soon there was a miniature brawl. The five homophobic assholes versus Hamilton and I. We rocked that fight. Won hands down and only came out with a few battle scars. After that no one really bothered Hamilton and that was the last piece of publicity to go out about me. Some article about standing up to bullies and it was only in the school paper.

Hamilton and I were inseparable in school.

I forced a small smile, his nickname for me was Xena, something about a warrior princess. "You know, I wouldn't have guy trouble if you were straight," I jested.

Alice let out a laugh, "Yes you would, he'd have you strung along like all the other men Hamilton has under his belt."

He opened his mouth to protest but Tara jumped in," Oh what about Ricardo?"

I laughed and nodded my head, "Puppy dog guy? What about Quinton?"

Alice giggled and sat up straight," Didn't he get your name tattooed on his chest?"