I stared at Eric as if he had grown a second head, "I'm not in second grade anymore, dad, and that only happened once. If you had let me just cut her damn hair everything would have been good." I mumbled, remembering when I was in second grade and a girl had been making fun of me. She had put gum in my hair and I had almost cut her pig tails off if it hadn't been for Eric and the teacher intervening.

"If you don't want me to intervene, then don't go destroying your room." He grumbled and left the room.

Kevin was still rubbing circles on my back and was quiet for a good while before he sighed and spoke up, "what is it that pisses you off so much, Lola?"

I shrugged, not knowing that myself.

"Is it that she does what her boyfriend says or that she doesn't hang out as much with you anymore?"

I shrugged again, "I don't know, I guess it's just that I feel lonely when she shuts me out like that."

"Hmmm," Kevin grinned as he looked at me with a raised brow, "Could it be that you like Bee more than you say you do?"

I felt my heart stop, my breath got caught in my throat, and my palms felt sweaty. I do like Bee, she's my friend, but did I love her more than just friends? When the rumors flew about Chrissie and me, it hadn't bothered me because I knew it wasn't true. But what if the rumors had been about Bee and I, would I have reacted the same way? I know that at first it would have taken me by surprise but something deep inside told me that I would have liked the idea. I shook my head, feeling my cheeks burn up, and took a deep breath.

I shook my head, "We're just friends, dad."

Kevin chuckled and nodded, "I know but sometimes we fall for our friends, Lola."

I scoffed and stood up, feeling the need for some fresh air all of the sudden. "That's so cliché, dad! Plus, even if I felt something for Bee- which I don't," I added quickly but the look in my dad's eyes told me he didn't buy it, "it would never happen because she's straighter than pasta."

Kevin grinned, "She's as straight as pasta, huh? Perhaps she needs a little warming up? Remember pasta is straight until it turns into spaghetti." He winked at me and my jaw dropped.

"Dad, ewww!" I covered my ears and shook my head. Kevin laughed and stood up, walked over to me, and kissed me on the forehead.

"Go talk to your friend, Lola, and see if you can work things out."

I bit my lower lip and looked out the window. Would it be alright to go talk to Lola? What if she didn't want to see me? The thought made my heart thump painfully and I sat on my bed. If only I could go and see her right now and ask her why she was acting like that. It would give me some piece of mind and it would calm me down too. Argh! Why did she have such a pull over me?!

I rolled onto my stomach and sighed into the pillow. Would she be okay with me going over? I had never been inside her house but I had gone with Kevin to drop her off the times she had come over. Hmm, would Guillermo be there acting like the mighty asshole he is?

"Gaaah, okay I shall go... no but what if she doesn't wanna see me... but I wanna know what happened... but what if she gets mad at me... but why would she... but I don't even know if she's home... aaah!" I stood up from my bed and grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs.

"I'll be back later, dad!" I yelled as I pried the door open and rushed out, running towards Bee's house. If she got mad because I came over without telling her, then so be it. I needed to know what the hell had happened today.

My heart was beating fast as I neared Bee's house. The walk, well more like the run, to her house helped me think more clearly. I came to the conclusion that if Guillermo had anything to do with Bee's weird behavior then I would do something about it, but if it was all on Bee then there was nothing I could do. All this was new to me and it left me feeling vulnerable somehow. When I had lived in San Francisco, things had been different when it came to my friends. We had all been in the same class since kindergarten, so growing up as best friends had always been a given. Now that I was in a whole new environment, I was finding it hard to make friends.