::Chapter 1.5:: {In The City Of Love}

I stood immobile, with the soles of my black leather shoes metaphorically glued to the hardwood floor.

My arms rested flatly to my side, staying completely still as I absent mindedly stared at the inanimate object on my bed.

The exceedingly large green duffle bag sat there, mocking the life out of my very soul for reasons uncertain to even myself.

I narrowed my eyes at the suitcase, pursing my lips and watching it like a fool waiting for something spectacular to happen.

You can only imagine my dissapointment when nothing out of the ordinary had made itself known to my eyes.

Like I had repeated over to myself yesterday afternoon... there is no sense in my decision. None whatsoever.

As many times as I attempted to mentally convince myself I was leaving because I required a vacation...

There was a confliction someplace deep down in the core of my own brain that told me there was an ulterior motive.

That same small voice, sometimes known to sane people as conscience, was leaking bad vibes throughout my entire body.

I myself would have liked to just choose to voyage without even batting an eye about the matter, or even thinking twice.

Yet that gut wrenching feeling was always attaching itself to me as a whole, and never failing to let go.

A sudden shrill ringing sound had started to sound in the livingroom, signaling there was a person trying to contact me.

I waited a few long moments before finally taking my time to shuffle into the next room over and pick up the device before it got to answering machine.

I held it in my hand, surveying the number that had bestowed itself upon the green lit up screen. It was familiar.

"Hello." I stated monotonously to the man on the other end of the call. There was a short pause after this first word.

"Bloody hell mate you sound awful." said Thomas with a slightly disgusted tone. If my voice is as terrible as the way I feel...

Then anybody who hears me must want to spontaneously drop dead after listening to me speak... It wasn't good.

"Thank you captain obvious." I retorted sarcastically, placing a hand on one of my hips even thought I was certain he couldn't see it.

"Don't be a git now... I just called to ask if I was picking you up, or you were going to swing by and collect me." he answered, speaking quickly.

"You're driving... I'm not up for it today." I confessed to him honestly. He was right though, I was being a git to the poor guy.

Even after he's offered me to go with him to a very lovely city and has been nothing but kind to me my entire life.