Biting Temptation

Start from the beginning

"Good. Is she going to classes?"

"She's missed a few. She's sleeping right now. Her parents have been... supportive of her illness. They won't know she's pregnant but she'll begin to show even more in a few weeks. I only wanted to call you to make sure you were all okay."

I sat down on the arm of the couch and nodded. "Yeah, we're all fine. Mike's not home yet. He will be in a minute."

"It's fine I'll call his cell later. I better go."

Three weeks ago I never in my twenty-one years of life would have thought my best friend Amy Butler could ever be pregnant with a vampire's baby. The thought of vampires reproducing, I assumed, was never a possibility. It was barely discussed, barely even acknowledged. And then our friend Celia confirmed otherwise. She gave birth to a Dhampir.

And now Amy will in three and a half months.

Slowly, I made my way upstairs and into our bedroom. How long has it been since I moved in? Almost six months ago now? Time truly flew by.

As I removed all of my clothing to change into my pyjamas' I heard the front door close and the jingle of keys. I shrugged on a vest and a pair of sweatpants and made my way back downstairs.

From the top of the arm chair, dishevelled hair poked over it. His pale hand hung lazily over the arm of the chair completely slack. I approached the back of the chair and peeked over the edge. His dark brown hair curled at his neck and over his forehead. He hadn't had a hair cut in a while. I'd always wondered how vampire's hair grew but after he teased me about the continuous amount of blood he drunk and the fact he still had his own blood, it did grow oddly enough. It made sense because he usually shaved every morning and I'd never really thought about asking him about it.

For the last few days however, he hadn't shaved. The sheet of stubble that covered his straight and prominent jaw was rougher than usual. He looked tired. And I couldn't blame him. I was as well. I had less of a reason to be tired but... what was going on right now, it exhausted us all. Being aware of all dark corners, watching our backs for new bloodthirsty vampires in fear. Without John in Canada it was harder to keep an eye on. Everyone was doing the best they could and all I could do was sit with Anastasia and watch.

His thickly lashed eyelids lifted and I was greeted by a pair of sparkling emerald eyes. His full lips twitched before parting and sighing.

"Hmm," He grumbled softly and every female body part and hormone awoke to the rugged man sitting in front of me. "Sit with me."

"Come to bed Michael. You look exhausted."

"No, no. I'm fine trust me. Sit, hm?"

I hid my smile as I slid into his lap. His large muscled arms engulfed me into hug before he sighed again. "I've had an... Interesting day."

"Care to explain?"

"Well," His palm aimlessly ran over my thigh. "This morning, I stopped two new vampires from wandering onto campus. And I only had Kate as help."

"What? On campus?"

"Mhm... The sun had barely risen. Any longer and they would have been ash anyway." Despite the topic he sent me a shining smile and leaned forward. "Can I have my kiss?"

I leaned away. "How are you not more serious about this?"

"All I am is serious. Of course none of this is fun or a laughing matter. But I have to see some sort of humour in this."

My eyes narrowed.

"No? Alright then. But can I have my kiss anyway?"

Before I could even begin to argue further his other hand gripped my chin. His mouth captured mine in a brain malfunctioning kiss. I could feel my resolve dying on the tip of my tongue as he stroked it away with his own. The familiar fire he ignited within my veins hadn't waned through the years at all. Michael still made me feel exactly like he did the first time we kissed.