Chapter 6: New Allies

Zeke and the others returned from the tournament, talking and laughing about the good times and they're separate adventures. When they returned to Sakura, they saw Smoke, Raiden, Hayabusa...and Cole.

Zeke: COLE!!!

Cole: Hm?

Zeke ran over to Cole to explain all about the tournament. The others followed as his old allies were in shock to see that Cole MacGrath was truly alive. Hitomi, Leifang, Ayane and Kasumi ran up to Cole, giving him a hug and explaining how much they were happy to see him alive. As for Hayate, he simply smiled. Tina began to walk slowly over to him.

Hitomi: I can't believe it's really you!

Cole: Belive it, kiddo. I'm really here.

Leifang: Is it true? Zeke really brought you back?

Cole: Yeah, it's true.

Ayane: It's good to have you back, MacGrath.

Cole: I wasn't expecting you to say that.

Kasumi: Welcome back, Cole.

Cole: Thank you, Kasumi.

Tina: ............

Cole: Hey, Tina. It's me. I'm really here.

Tina: ............

Tina hugged Cole's body and cried, in his arms. She began to cry and pleased that he was back. Everyone smiled at the sight of Tina's tears of joy. Some time passed and Jade was seen in the gardens, practicing her new ninja skills. Smoke came walking from within the temple to see for himself. He watched as Jade was progressing with her skills. He was impressed with her...she went from an Outworld assassin to a Mugen Tenshi ninja.

Smoke: You are progressing, Jade. I am very impressed.

Jade: I did not expect Mugen Tenshi to be this much work.

Smoke: Yes, I've heard it is a struggle but you are a fast learner.

Jade: Is this all I must learn?

Smoke: I am not sure. There are other techniques but you will come to that, in due time.

Jade: Will I learn how to use the sword?

Smoke: Perhaps. You must first learn how to handle one, before you can use one.

Jade: Show me. Please.

Smoke: I am not familiar in this Mugen Tenshi arts but...Very well. But pay attention.

Jade: I will.

Smoke pulled out a sword and gave it to Jade. She held the handle but Smoke said she wasn't one with the blade. He walked behind Jade and held her hands, to show her how it is done. Jade was well focused on the lesson...but more on Smoke's hands. He held onto her hands tightly, only trying to show her how to handle the blade. She looked to him, as he looked to her. Her grip was still on the blade...yet her eyes were glued to him.

Jade: I have never noticed but...have wonderful eyes.

Smoke: Thank you....I...I am sorry for attacking you, in Outworld. I had thought you...

Jade: Do not blame yourself. Mileena did have the appearance of Kitana.

Smoke: Yes, Kitana is lucky to have a friend like you.

Jade: Yes, as are your allies. You are a good man, misguided at time but a good man.

Smoke: It is good to see that yu are no longer Shao Kahn's assassin. You are...Mugen Tenshi.