Chapter 2: Hayabusa & Jade

Jade walked out of the throne room and began making her way to a certain room. Just then, she is stopped by Hayabusa.

Jade: It's you.

Hayabusa: Jade. You wish to seek freedom for your friend?

Jade: Yes, please. Help me. Help me rescue Kitana.

Hayabusa: Very well. Let us be on our way.

Jade: Thank you...

Hayabusa: Hayabusa. Ryu Hayabusa.

Jade: Thank you, Hayabusa. Let us hurry.

Jade and Hayabusa made there way to a room, where that monster from DOATEC showed his face.

Hayabusa: It is him...

Jade: Baraka?

Hayabusa: So that is his name? He attacked my realm. He is why I came here.

Jade: Let us go.

Jade and Hayabusa began to walk on, towards Baraka.

Jade: Stand aside. We will see Kitana.

Baraka: No one enters the Tower.

Jade: You are an excellent guard dog, Baraka. But you must learn to heel.

Baraka: I do not take orders from you.

Jade began to battle with Baraka, while Hayabusa stood back and watched. Jade was a worthy fighter. She showed to have much skill. Even when battling Kitana, she was a worthy opponent. But against Baraka, Jade made it seem too easy.

Baraka: Edenians have no loyalty.

Hayabusa: Blind loyalty is not a good thing, as I have taught her.

Jade: You must keep your eyes open...to anticipate the finishing blow.

Baraka: What are you talking about?

Before Baraka could understand, Jade stomped on his head,knocking him out.

Jade: You make it too easy.

Hayabusa: Let us continue on your quest for your friend.

They pressed on further in the Tower, as they spotted Kitana, with some kind of monster. She had four arms and appeared to be the hybrid of a dragon.

???: My orders are clear. No one is allowed in the Tower.

Hayabusa: As you can see, we are here.

???: Here to help the princess escape! You would deny her execution? The only means of regaining her honor?

Jade: We have very different concepts of honor, Shokan.

This time, with Hayabusa, Jade fought against this monster, known as Sheeva. The two proved to be a powerful team....a VERY powerful team. Sheeva stood no chance. With Hayabusa's ninja skills and Jade's assassin techniques, it was an easy match.

Jade: Not much of a jail or, are you?

Hayabusa: Jade, we must hurry.

Jade: Now then, Your Highness...Let us see how quickly we can remove these bonds.

Kitana: Jade, I...

Jade: I am too.

As Jade tried to work on freeing Kitana, there was a noise, on the other side of the door.

Hayabusa: Jade, hurry.

Kitana: Go. Find Raiden. Ask for his help.

Hayabusa: We will not leave you.

Kitana: I will be fine. Just go.

Jade and Hayabusa looked at each other and chose to leave. They returned to the area, where Cole first encountered Kitana. But someone arrived there, as well. A woman who looked similar to Kitana but she was...different.

Jade: That should distance us from any pursuers.

???: Other pursue. I find.

Hayabusa: Who are you?

Jade: By the gods...You are Mileena!

Hayabusa: Mileena?

Mileena: You must return with me! There is to be a celebration for my sister! She is going away...

Hayabusa: Not on my watch!

Jade: No, allow me.

Hayabusa did not argue with Jade, as he allowed her to fight against Mileena. She was quite the skilled fighter but since she was still a new hybrid, she wasn't very strong,mad Jade could easily defeat her.

Jade: I am more of a sister to Kitana than you.

Hayabusa: Let us continue our search to find Raiden.

???: He is here.

Out of nowhere, lightning struck the ground and five strangers walked out.

???: Kitana turns away from Shao Kahn so you attack her rather than join her?

Hayabusa: Wait a minute, this is not...

???: Smoke! Stop! That is not Kitana!

Smoke: You will come no closer!

Hayabusa: You've done enough, Jade. Allow me.

Hayabusa chose to battle Smoke, hoping to help him come to his senses. He was a formidable fighter and he was tricky but Hayabusa was more skilled and refused to lose. Hayabusa managed to defeat Smoke and calmed his anger.

Hayabusa: You are a powerful fighter. Do forgive me.

Jade: Lord Raiden.

Hayabusa: We have come to seek your assistance.

???: "Lord"? I was with Smoke. I thought she was a bad guy. Girl. Guess he turned another one...What's Raiden got that I haven't got?

???: God-like power?

???: A personality that is not at all like sanding paper?

???: Jerks.

Jade: ...if we do not save her, she will be executed. Kitana does not have much time!

???: Kitana...executed? Where is she?

Jade: Held captive in the Tower of Shao Kahn's fortress.

Zeke: We gotta help her!

Raiden: There is no time. We must return to the tournament.

???: But you are responsible for her capture! You persuaded her to turn against Shao Kahn!

Cole: Relax, Liu Kang!

Liu Kang: ......

Cole: We will help her, it's why I am here.

Zeke: Cole, I'll go to the Tower and see if she is there. If she is, I'll get her out and meet back with you.

???: I will go with you. We can free her together, while others fight in our stead and join them thereafter.

Zeke: Sounds good, thanks Lao.

Liu Kang: I'm going with you.

Cole: Alright. Good luck. And be careful.

Zeke, Lao and Liu Kang took off, while Smoke, Raiden and the other warrior, known as Johnny Cage returned to the tournament. All that was left behind was Hayabusa and Jade.

Jade: What will we do?

Hayabusa: You are not safe in Outworld. Return with me to my realm. We will await for Kitana, at Sakura.

Jade: Sakura?

Hayabusa: Yes. Come.

Hayabusa escorted Jade to the portal, where he, Cole and Zeke arrived and brought her to his realm. Little did he know that someone from his realm had arrived, in Outworld...a man known as Zack.