Chapter 2-Fight For What Is Right

Eduardo's POV

I pushed the handle on the door down and I flew the door open. All the faces in the room turned round and looked at me. I felt kind of awkward at the fact that I had flung the door open for no unnecessary reason.

"Hi Ed," James, one of my best mates in the advertising greeted me.

"Hi James," I smiled back. 'Ed' was a popular nickname that I got, especially in work.

My family used to call me 'Wardo' when I was little, but now that I'm older, a lot older, they call me Ed. Every time I hear "Ed" I think of Ed Sheeran, but I've got used to it now.

I walk into my office and sit down at my desk. I look at the picture in a frame that's on my desk. There's two pictures on my desk. One of them is of my parents and my older sister Emilia. The other picture is of my beautiful girlfriend Adele Brown. She is the sweetest girl I've ever seen. She has beautiful beady brown eyes that glow whenever they meet sunlight and her soft dark brown hair blows in the wind.

Me and Adele met in high school in year 5. She was with her friends and I was with mine. Her friends were all flirting with my friends. I wasn't getting involved because I was revising for the maths test which was for the following day. Then one of my friends dragged and persuaded me to join in with the flirting and I look at all the girls to see which one I liked the most. Then, I saw Adele. I remember her exact movements and I remember my exact thoughts on her. She seemed elegant, flawless, perfect. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at her with a blushed face. Ah. Those were the days.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

I suddenly hear a knock on my door. The vibrations of the door awaken me from my daydream.

"Come in!" I call. The door opens as I see Mr Deyes, my boss. There must be news before he's coming to me at this time.

"Hello Alfie," I say to Mr Deyes, my boss. Apart from Mr Alfie Deyes being my boss, we're also best mates. So he lets me call him by his real name, Alfie. But if we're working, it's Mr Deyes, obviously.

"Hello Ed," he replies, looking flustered.

"Are you ok?" I ask him.

"No." he replied, abruptly. I was shocked at him acting this way. He has never acted this way before unless we lost a great deal with some company.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him, feeling stupid.

"Yes, please."

"Sit down." I gesture for him to sit down on the chair across me. Alfie takes my orders and sits down.

"So. What's up?"

"You know, Liam, one of the best workers in this company?" Alfie asks me. I nod without any hesitation whatsoever.

"He's quit. He was our only hope for the Toothpaste campaign," Alfie sighs.

I know how much Alfie wants every campaign there is, but he can't have every one of them. And I was struggling to come up with a good slogan for them. After me is Liam for being the "cleverest" and he was our "only hope" for that campaign, so now there's trouble.

"I could try it again," I said. Alfie looked up at me with worry.

"You can?" he asks me with shock and confusion.

"Of Course. I can try my best and see if I can come up with a commercial for the campaign."

"Good," Alfie says, quickly standing up. I follow his steps and stand up too.

"You just do that." Alfie heads to the door and I follow him. Once he gets to the door, he turns round and looks at me. I look back at him. "Don't mess this one up," he tells me. Then he turns round again, opens the door and goes out the door, slamming it shut behind him. I sigh and look at the piles of sheets on my desk.