Chapter 14b: Alternate Ending

Shay and Vella stared in horror at what had opened the door. It was not who they had expected... it was beyond expectation. The creatures that stood before them were horrible- more horrible than Evanora, Theodora, and Mog Chothra combined.

Peering in the door, Vella noticed that the inside of the house was covered in some sort of purplish slime- the same stuff that oozed from the mouths of these creatures.

A variety of strange noises (that sounded vaguely like talking, although they were words that could never be pronounced by the human tongue) came from one of them. "An ate hdn Ruw Eyaeh. Weh oar yao?"

"Um..." Shay said. "Hi?"

One of those two words (or both- no one really knew) angered the creature. It's normally dark green skin turned a dark red, and before either teen could react, they were swallowed up by the creature.

As they slid down its gullet, they could hear it say, "So stn netuole inh Ruw Eyaeh. So stn."

The two landed in the creature's stomach, which in fact seemed larger than the creature itself. Much like in cartoons, they managed to land on a small surface-an island among stomach acid, it seemed-right next to the people they were hoping to find.

Both Shay and Vella's families sat there next to them, having also been eaten. Despite their unfortunate circumstances and the small size of the "island", the families managed to hug their children and Vella and Shay began to tell their tale. No one knew whether they were going to, by some miracle, survive, or whether they'd be digested, but they knew they were together and that's all that mattered.

The End

--

I'm going to be totally honest... I don't know what that was. I really don't. It was a short ending inspired by a FanFiction.net guest who said, and I quote, "Hmm, who will appear...? Maybe some alien who killed his parents? Nah XD" at the end of Chapter 13.