Familiar Faces

"Come on Kirsten I want to see your costume!"

It was Saturday afternoon and we were getting ready for the party. Camille was dressed like some sort of Amazon vampire or something. She kept begging me for her to see the costume yesterday, but I told her I wasn't putting it on until we go to the party.

"Come on Kirsten, do you know how long you've been in there?"

"Come on Camille, do you even know me?"

"Right; no time perception, but please come out I want to see it."

I rolled my eyes and came out of the bathroom. Her eyes glowed and her mouth dropped like a little kid.

"Oh my god Kirsten, you look beautiful!"

"Yeah yeah. Let just go and meet Cameron and Linus."

"Wow, can't take a compliment?"

I ignored her and wet into the car. She quickly followed.

"Don't you think that's a bit too sexy for a vampire?", I asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Have you seen any vampire movies? Those chicks are hot! I have to be believable."

"What ever you say.", I said with a side eye.

We drove up to the party and Cameron and Linus were waiting near a bush in front of the building. Linus howled at Camille and Camille purred. Ugh! It was disgusting. Then I turned around to Cameron. I caught myself about to laugh, because I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"And what are you supposed to be?", Camille asked Cameron.

"It appears to be that he is Flash, the fastest superhero ever.", I answered with a smile.

"Oh my god Kirsten, you look beautiful!", said Cameron.

"Thank you, Cameron.", I said as I blushed.

"Are you kidding me!", Camille exclaimed.

"Alright, let's crash this thing." Cameron said.

We walked in and there were a lot of people. Camille ran as soon as she saw the beer.

"Be back in a flash; wait, ha!", she said as she looked at Cameron.

"Ha ha, now go have fun!", he exclaimed.

I was to busy to play. I was looking for suspicious activity around the building.

"Cameron I can't find anything."

"Hey, it's only 7:30. Crimes take place more around 8:00.", he said with a grin."

"Ha very funny."

"Kirsten?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever been to prom?"

That question struck me like lightning. I remember Ed bought me this really pretty green dress for prom. I didn't have a date of course, but he still wanted me to go. He said I would regret not going. And secretly I did.

"No Cameron, I never went prom."

Cameron got down on one knee.

"Kirsten Clark, will you go to this un-prom related event even though we are here to beat bad guys here with me?"

"Yes Cameron is love to."

He pulled me close and rocked me back and forth. There wasn't even a slow song on.

"Sorry, I'm not really a good dancer."

"Kirsten, you are my ballerina."

His head tilted and he leaned in for my lips. I kissed him softly knowing that he was my knight in shining armor. He looked down on me and smiled.

"Did anybody tell you that you have an amazing face?"

"What?", I said with a nervous laugh.

"Well some people say 'I like your eyes' or 'I like your lips'. Well I like all of your facial features."

I smiled then my smile vanished. I looked down on my waist and black gloves were wrapped around them from behind. I started screaming then it put its hand around my mouth and yanked me away from Cameron. I heard Cameron screaming and yelling trying to get through the crowd. Then everything went black. I woke up in a chair tied up with a man was sitting right in front of me.

"Who are you!!"

He took off his mask and my heart sank.

"Oh my god!! Liam?"

"Hello darling. How are you?"

"Why did you do this?!"

"Let me break break it down to you, Princess."

When he said that I kept thinking to my self 'No! You can't call Princess. Cameron can call me Princess not you, eww'.

"I've been hired by my boss to follow you and get close to you and the best way to do that is to be your boyfriend. So I knew that one day you were going to join the Stitchers program and I was going to take you in by proposing, but you ruined that, so here you are, Princess."

This was like Camille all over again, you know, except for the evil part and he wants to kill me.

"You knew about the Stitchers program?", I asked just dying to know.

He didn't reply. He just made this awkward grin. He took out a knife and held to my throat. I thought this was going to be the end. Wait, what am talking about? Back-hand slapped him and untied the knot. It wasn't even double tied. I snatched the knife and held him to the ground. Then I cried. I cried so bad. I just realized that a man that I had spent part of my life with was trying to kill me. Someone I slept with tried to assassinate me! He also killed Katie knowing I would come here. I couldn't kill him. I cried hoping Cameron would walk through the door. Then I heard a bust through the door. Cameron picked me up gently without saying anything. He went down towards Liam and hit him with a frying pan. He came over to me and rocked me back and forth. Before he could say anything I kissed like I never did before. I held him close and didn't want to let go. Today he was my angel.