"Only you would ruin the moment for something like that," Harry laughs.

"Wait, so do you have it?" I question him again, ignoring his previous comment. I see him roll his eyes and walk backwards, removing his left arm so he's holding all my weight with just his right. He bends down carefully so that he doesn't drop me and picks up what I requested.

"There you go," he hands it to me and I carry it in my free hands while his left arm returns back to help support me in his arms.

"You can put me down you know? I have two legs. I can walk," I retort but only to receive a shaking head from Harry.

"And I have a heart and brain that tells me what to do and this is what I'm going to do," he argues back and despite everything, I feel too exhausted to do anything but let him carry me back.

Demi's POV:

"Zayn," I softly speak as he stands in front of me, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Demi," he replies equally quiet.

"I'm sorry," I apologize for my behavior and everything for the past weeks.

"We haven't been much a couple huh?" Zayn questions in a low voice and I shake my head in agreement with him.

"I'm sorry too," he apologizes. 

"What happened?" I ask but we both know that the answer is unknown to the two of us.

"I guess people come into our lives and we just change," Zayn speaks up after a long period of silence between us.

"Yeah," I look down at my feet and then glance up, biting my lip. I sigh but I decide that it's now or never. So I did it. I did the one thing I never thought I'd do. I pour out all my feelings about how I feel like we're drifting and how I feel a foreign type of happiness around Nick when we hang out and what Selena advised me. I expect him to be upset at me and not wanting anything to do with me anymore. I want him to be upset at me, to curse and yell at me, for ruining what I always known as the definition of "perfect". I deserve everything after being such a bitch with no explanations recently. But, that's not what I get. I get the most unexpected reaction, because that's what Zayn Malik is made of. Surprises. That's one of the things I fell in love with. How he always manages to sweep me off my feet without being predictable amazes me. His sincerity and kindness, plus the fact that he is so understanding, are just more wonderful attributes. 

He just gives me a sad, apologetic smile, "I think it's best for the both of us. Who knows? We might experience a new happiness we didn't think we could feel. And if anything ever fails, we should know we can always come back to each other, right?" 

He is so perfect. 

"I feel bad about letting go," I bite my lip a bit guilty.

"Me too," he hums but reaches out for my hand to squeeze, "But just know, we're always the best of friends like the day we met, regardless if we're a couple or not."

"I feel even worse since I know you hate Nick," I breathe out.

"If he can make you happy and healthy, I think we can be friends. Tell him he's a lucky guy to have you for me, okay?" he lifts my chin up.

"Thank you Zayn," a few tears escape my eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too, Demi and I always will, just maybe not the way we did before, but I will love you nonetheless," he leans in and I do too, a final sweet kiss before we break up after dating for six years. 

"By the way, tell Perrie she's got a keeper," I wink at him and he turns crimson.

"You noticed?"