All of us mumbled yes, unenthusiastically. "Gosh, guys!  I can feel the excitement in the room!" Mr. Leighton said sarcastically. Mr. Leighton was one of the few professors at Middleton University that actually had a personality, which made his class much more interesting than it actually was. “Any Questions?”  Mr. Leighton asked.

                “Ms. Hayes Do you have a question for me?” he said with a skeptical frown. Me, as well as the rest of the class turned to look at her. Amanda Hayes wasn’t one to ask questions, she was the daughter of a very wealthy family, nonetheless she is very intelligent and quite observatory as an introverted person should be. She was petite in size, had black hair that fell in soft ringlets, an oval face, pale white skin and the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen.

                “Mr. Leighton, I didn’t hear my name in the list you previously read aloud.”  She said. “Aaah, Ms. Hayes, thank you for informing me. I hadn’t realized I had made that mistake.” He said to her. “Class, I believe we have an odd number of students, Ms. Hayes you will be joining Morgan’s group.” He continued. . Chase Morgan grunted loudly in the back. Mr. Leighton raised one brown eyebrow “Problem, Mr. Morgan? A little digestion problem you need to deal with?”  He didn’t wait for Chase to answer. “Ms. Hayes is my best student-Unaware that my hopes of being just that had been crushed only moments ago-He continued. ”I am sure she will be an excellent addition to your group.”  He finished.

                “Anymore questions?” He asked us, skimming the room as he grabbed sheets of papers off his desk and went to stand at the doorway. “I am dismissing you early today; grab a sheet from me as you exit. Class dismissed.” I stalked out of the classroom, quickly stuffing the assignment sheet in my messenger bag; my combat boots making satisfying thuds along the way. I veered in the direction of the west parking lot near the quad. My phone vibrated softly in my pocket signaling a text.

[Where r u?] from dean.  I read off the screen of my lime green blackberry. I quickly replied back:

[Going 2 drwn self in tub w/ radio, U?]  Two minutes later he replied:

[HA, so u had a bad day…]  I rolled my eyes and typed:

[My moment 2 shine..lost AGAIN!]  I glanced up at the sky shielding my eyes from the glare of the sun, my eyes seemed to be more sensitive than usual. My phone vibration broke me from my thoughts.

[Was it  Ms.smartypants Amanda?] I sighed craning my neck as I looked around the parking lot searching for my red Camry.

I sent Dean a quick message after locating the bright red gleam of my car.

[I wish & dnt tlk like dat, shes NICE…& No by sme new guy!]  I hesitated before adding:

[Tlk to U l8tr, U knw wat dey say..dnt txt & drive :P ]

I threw my messenger bag in the backseat as I slammed the door of my Camry shut and put the key into the ignition, carefully backing out. I headed toward my apartment complex after running through campus security and checking out.

            I parked my car and got my bag and turned to wave at frank the homeless guy who was pushing his cart full of cans slowly down the street. I had met him with Dean, my best friend a year and a half ago all I knew as that he was a war veteran who had fallen on hard times.

He reminded me of my grandfather and it seemed like he was always watching out for me. He waved back smiling and continued down the street. I entered my apartment the glare of the sun suddenly becoming too bright for my eyes.

            I breathed in the sweet smell of the vanilla candle I lit earlier this morning. I had a collection of odd paintings from various friends who were art majors, hung around my living room. I strode towards my plush brown couch only to stumble on the foot of a centerpiece statue Dean had given to me for my birthday.

            It was of some divine Hindu goddess who supposedly watched over her “children”. I had been tripping and falling over things all day. I stretched feeling tired and decided to lie down for a while, throwing my messenger back but I was too tired to care. I settled in on the soft couch and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good, Not Good, or just somewhere in between? 

Comment!

VOTE!

Fan!

Bye, MWAH!:/

XOXO---------XxBitchyAlterEgoxX ------------