Chapter 6

A few hours later, the plane landed in Salt Lake City. On the way there, Reid and you had become the best of friends. You had noticed though that every time you looked, Hotch was sneaking glances your way. He had to recognize you, or else he wouldn't be acting this way. You contemplated whether you should just talk to him about it, but decided you didn't want to embarrass yourself if he didn't remember.
When you got to the police station, you were glad you could get your mind on something else. When there, Hotch gave everyone their assignments, and told Reid and you to go to the girls house to see if there was anything there that you could get any clues from. This was the only part of the job that freaked you out, having to associate with the families of the victims. You told Reid this, "You'll be okay. I was the same way when I first started. You get the hang of it eventually." he said, as he put his hand on your arm, "I'll take this one." After he had gotten done consoling the parents, he asked if we could check out the girls room for any clues. Of course, they complied.
You could definitely tell it was a girls room, and there were pictures of Liz and her friends all over the walls. Also, what stood out what that the room looked disheveled and that she seemed to have a boyfriend. You took a picture of Liz and the boy down to her parents. "Who is this?" You kindly asked. "Oh that's Liz's boyfriend, Chad." "Do you happen to have his address?" After they thought for a moment, they said, "Actually yes, we'll write it down." "Thank you." You said, grabbing the paper. You both left, told Hotch where you were going, and headed to Chad's house.