Chapter 7

The next morning I woke up feeling better than ever. I still couldn't believe that Devin had told me that. Stacy was going to have her heart broken for once instead of me. I have never had a boy like me until I heard the news from Devin. For the day, I decided to wear one of my pretty sundresses. I picked out a white lace sundress and brown sandals to wear along with the dress. Since my hair was naturally curly, I wore it down with some of my hair flipped over. I applied light tan lipstick and gold eye shadow. I don't really like to go over board with makeup. My parents were both asleep so I just got Caleb up myself. He is definitely not a morning person. It took me three times to get him up without screaming and waking my parents up. He finally finished getting ready and grabbed a granola bar so we could head to the bus stop. I left my parents a note on the kitchen table that read: " Didn't want to wake you".

His bus came before my mine gladly because I didn't want to leave him there alone. He groggily climbed aboard the bus and I literally watched him lie down onto a bus seat and doze off. The bus drove away kicking dust into my lungs. I sat down on a nearby log and read through my messages before the bus arrived. The first message and the only message was from Devin. It read: " Good morning gorgeous". I smiled and read through my gmail messages that were of course all crap. From a distance I heard the bus rumble up and I grabbed my bag and stumbled on the first step while climbing the stairs. I sat down in the fourth seat not even caring if people were just talking about me. People were just so arrogant.

I doesn't take long for us to get to school since I'm the last stop. I ran off the bus really fast because I couldn't wait to see Devin. When I arrived in school, I noticed we were early. I sat down when suddenly I heard the clomping of Stacy's heels heading into my direction. I was not even in the mood to hear her crap or her mouth.

" Hey Nicole, don't you look pretty" she said with Melissa laughing behind her
" What do you want?" I asked with an exasperated voice
" Nothing, other than your thoughts about Devin and his stupid pranks" she said smirking
" I've already talked to Devin thank you very much" I said " So why can't you just go away"
" I was just with Devin last night and he had many things to say about you" she said
" Oh, really what time were you with him?" I asked
" Um.. 7 o'clock" she said quickly turning her face into a grin
" That's funny because I was with him all night last night" I said. She looked at me shocked. " And he had many things to say about you too" I said
" This is not over" she said turning around and bumping into Devin
" Hey baby" she said trying to kiss him.
" We need to talk" Devin said. Now everybody was gathered around nosing into the situation." Okay, let's go somewhere private" she said
" No this needs to be public" he said
" What?, with everyone listening" she said. " Yeah, that's the point" Devin said. Devin climbed onto the bench and said " Everybody, I need your attention please"
" Stacy is a lying whore who doesn't deserve anybody" he said receiving gasps from the crowd. He looked down at Stacy and told her " I'm in love with someone else and I'm through with you".
" You can't just break up with me" she said with tears in her eyes. " We had sex and you made a commitment to me Devin, you did Devin? she said looking at everybody in the crowd. The look on everybody's face right now had to go on snap chat. This was real. Stacy was being humiliated.
" Nicole, come up here with me" he said. I took his hand and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Stacy looked at me and him with a shocked look on her face.
" You really want her Devin?" Stacy asked " Nicole is a real whore and she is fucking ugly" she finished
" No, Nicole is a real person and she is now my girlfriend. He took my chin and forced his lips onto mine. This was really happening. I was now officially the girlfriend of Devin Causby
" You will regret this Nicole, I am going to kick your ass" she said pushing everybody out of her way and stalking down the hall with Melissa prodding at her heels. She suddenly turing around and smacked Melissa right in the face knocking her onto the floor.
" I don't need you to follow me Melissa, so leave me alone at the moment" Stacy said stomping off with her heels in her hand. I looked at Devin and he helped me back onto the floor.
" Hey guys, party at my house, everybody is welcome" he said pulling me through the screaming crowd. People were freaking out because they were all going to be welcome to Devin's house and so would I. I couldn't wait. I smiled at Devin as he guided me through hall with his arm thrown around my neck.