four - "i'm in control and he knows it"

sorry i haven't updated in ages, i totally forgot about this story lol.

i have to be honest taylor's gonna be pretty bitchy in this story, sorry.. but it's kinda how i imagine her in person... sorry again... but, well, yeah. 

hope you enjoy it? c:

Selena stood awkwardly in the middle of her living room. She didn't quite know how she'd ended up with Taylor, Kendall and Cara in front of her - bickering on her sofa. But somehow it happened, very fast in a blur, and now she wasn't sure what to do. 

She couldn't go, because they'd ask why and she was a really bad liar. Especially to Taylor, she had hawk eyes but.. for lies. She knew when she was being lied to easily, and Selena wasn't in a good enough mood to be on her bad side without screaming in her face.

"Uh.. Selena?" Kendall snapped, she hated Kendall and Taylor knew that. So why she was round she had no idea. She wanted to ask if she'd seen Justin, because she certainly hadn't - which seemed odd as she'd only left the hotel a couple of hours ago, but the fact he didn't text or call was odd, because normally he was filling up her inbox with 'lovey' messages and 'i'm so sorry, i love you's.

"Yes" She practically squeaked in reply.

"Are you okay?" Cara laughed, Taylor's glare piercing right through her. 

She nodded carefully, avoiding the look of any of them. 

It was rude of her not to tell the boys' she wasn't coming. They'd surely be disappointed, well no they wouldn't be. Harry would probably be snogging the face off some girl already, but Selena totally didn't even care.

I mean why would she? Mean, stupid, womanzier Styles.

She wined accidental for getting so aggravated in her head and  luckily Kendall heard and stared up at her.

"I have to ask" She said, looking directly into Selena's eyes, "I simply wondered, apparently you left with Justin at the awards last night?"

Taylor's eyes snapped up, face forming into an annoyed frown as Kendall opened her mouth again.

"Like really girl, he's using you? How could you be so stupid- like did you have sex?"

"Uhm, no" Selena lied but it was useless. Taylor knew and she would later tell her how disappointed she was in her, like a scolding mother. 

Selena wasn't sure why she put up with her, or Justin, or anyone for that matter. Maybe because she was gullible and sometimes a little needy, so she'd get scooped up into anyone's group without a second glance. Or maybe she was simply someone who didn't have enough backbone to say anything and manipulative, ignorant celebrities loved having someone as a perfect best friend or girlfriend that did whatever they wanted.

"Wait, you slept with him? Like loads of times?" Cara laughed, 

"Yeah but i'm in control and he knows it"

"Kendall, stop" Taylor snapped, standing up and pulling Selena into a hug. 

"It's okay.." She whispered, "We all make mistakes" 

She knew what was coming.. Harry.

As soon as she pulled her head from the crook of Selena's neck and stepped carefully over to her mantlepiece, picking up a crystal duck figurine that she'd given her for her birthday. She gently fondled it in her hands for some reason like she was reminiscing, which she probably was.

"Has, he- ugh.. texted you?" Cara said, everyone was too awkward to say anything until she replied. The only time Selena had seen Taylor properly cry was when Harry dumped her and she called all of the girls' round her house so she could scream, cry and eat ice-cream while watching some sappy movie.

She placed the duck down and turned slowly around, "What? Harry? No, i don't care anyway" She shrugged it off but it was evident she did and that's what made Selena feel horrible.

"You do though" Cara smiled gently and stroked Taylor's hand as she sat back down, she smiled warmly back but sighed shortly afterwards.

"The thing is about him is that, he's so much like my ex's - yet so different.. like something's so clearly amazing about him and i don't know what it is. Like, even after he dumped me countless times and cheated, i took him back. Like he's just.. a God-" She gushed, smiling and resting her head in one hand as the girls' listened. 

"I'm simply infatuated with him, i just can't leave him alone you know? I want him to call, or text or just mention me somewhere or somehow just so i know.. that he's thinking about me" 

"And what if he isn't" Kendall replied and everyone glared over at her.

"Why wouldn't he be?" Taylor snapped, "Is there someone else?"

"I don't know" She stated bluntly, looking down at her dark red nails. 

No-one knew how to reply. So Cara and Selena just glared in corners of the room unsure of what either of them were going to say next. 

"You're not.." Everyone looked over at Taylor, if looks could kill, Kendall would be dead twice over. 

"You haven't seen him have you?" There was so much frustration in her voice it made Cara shuffle uncomfortably in her seat and Selena shiver nervously.

"I've bumped into him"

And that was the second that everything just clicked for Selena. Of course she has.

She always has. It's hardly surprising, that Selena even thought she had a chance with him. 

No she most certainly didn't think that. No way.

Kendall was simply a homewrecker, and Selena understood after the booming of Taylor's voice filled the house and the slamming of the glass door behind Kendall that she was better off without Harry.

And as her ignorant laughs filled the windows from outside and Taylor's cries could be heard covered by the low rumble of Cara's gentle voice, she realised one more thing.. maybe they were all better off without her.

Sorry, bad ending. I have a plot that will work next chapter though, sorry. It'll all make sense haha x