Ch. 3

(Taylor’s POV)

“Good morning Taylor! You probably cant hear me but it‘s a lovely day today! ” I heard a familiar voice but I couldn’t figure out who it was. Those British accents always sound the same to me. Wait… British? My eyes opened. Well one of my eyes. I could only see black with my left eye.

“Your awake!” I turned my head & saw Harry sitting in a chair next to my bed.

“H-Harry?” I said. He looked at me weird.

“Am I going deaf or are you mouthing words?” He asked. He cocked an eyebrow up. I shrugged. “Come on Tay. Say something.”

I flinched. My grandpa said that to me before he hit me. Harry looked at me confused, then got up & walked out.

(Harry’s POV)

Why wasn’t she talking? I told her to say something & she flinched. That’s weird. I need to talk to her nurse.

I walked down the hall until I found her. I tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around.

“Hello. How may I help you?”

“Your, Taylor Roman’s nurse, right?” She nodded.

“Yes sir. Is there something wrong with her?”

“I just wanted to know why she wont talk to me.”

“Oh, I should have told you. She’s mute. When she got to her grandparents home she didn’t say anything. Their housekeeper had told me this when she came to check on Taylor.”

“Thank you.” I said then walked back to Taylor’s room. She was silently crying to herself.

I walked over to her & wrapped my arms around her. She tensed into my touch.

“Its ok now Taylor. Your going to be alright. Once you leave here then your coming back with me. Well I cant take you out of the country with out guardian permission.” I thought the last few parts out loud. Her shoulders bounced a little. Kind of like when she laughs.

I stayed & told her about what has been going on since she left. The nurse brought in a notebook & a pencil for her to use so we could talk to each other. Taylor would ask me a question then I would answer. Sometimes she would smile.

*2 Days Later*

“Come on Taylor. We’re at the hotel.” I shook her a little. She woke up & Got out of the taxi.

We walked into the lobby & got into the elevator. I had all of Taylor’s clothes, from her grandparent’s house, in a duffel bag in my hand. She had a backpack that had her makeup, notebook, laptop, hair stuff, & other things that I don’t know about. Her house keeper had packed up her whole room in just three bags. One had her clothes, the second bag had her shoes, & the last bag had small stuff in it.

Since she has a broken arm I carried the two heavy bags while she carried the smallest bag. We got to my floor & walked to my suit. I set down one of the bags & got out my key card. I opened the door for her.

She walked in & looked around the suit. There was two bedrooms. I put her stuff in the room that I’m not using. I walked out & went into the living room. Taylor was on the couch fast asleep. I picked her up bridal style & carried her into her room. Once she was tucked into bed, I sat down on the couch in the living room & watched TV.

I was surfing the channels when there was a knock at the door. I got up & walked over to the door. I opened it & froze.