Ch. 2

(Liam’s POV)

It’s been 2 years since I last saw Taylor. I still remember that day perfectly.

*Flashback*

“LIAM! GET UP!” Niall shouted from the other side of my door. Why is he up so early? I look at my clock & see its 12:30 pm. I get out of bed & open the door. Niall smiles.

“Yes?” I ask, still not fully awake.

“Simon said my punishment is doing whatever one of you say. Paul had to pick which one of you & he picked you because you won’t boss me around as much. So for the rest of the tour you are my master!” He giggled at the end.

“Your such a goof Ni.” I said. I smiled & he grinned.

“Oh. Don’t forget Tay is leaving today. So get ready. Louis & Zayn are getting breakfast. I think Harry ran to the store with Josh. Taylor is still in her room. At least I think she is.” My smile fell.

Taylor is leaving today. I shut the door & got dressed. Once I was dressed I went to Taylor’s room. Right before I knocked on the door, Andy came running at me.

“LIAM!” He yelled.

“WHAT!” I yelled back.

“Read this.” He handed me an envelope. “I went to the front desk to get the mail, Paul told me to, and the lady gave me this. She said it’s for you, Louis, Zayn, Niall & Harry. She wouldn’t tell me who it was from. I have to go bye!” He ran down the hall.

I looked at the envelope. It might be important. I’ll let Taylor sleep. I walked downstairs to see Zayn & Louis eating eggs. Niall just sat down with a mountain of pancakes. Harry was sitting there playing on his phone. I sat down next to Harry.

“Hey Li. Where’s Taylor?” Louis asked.

“Still upstairs.” I said.

“What’s that?” Niall asked with a mouth full of food.

“A letter for all of us.”

“Open it!” Harry said. His eyes were full of curiosity.

“Hurry up, man.” Zayn said. I opened it & took the paper out. I unfolded it & read it out loud.

“Dear One Direction,

You might be wondering who this is. Well if you want to know then go to this link.” I said.

“That’s it?” Zayn asked.

“Yeah. There’s a link at the bottom. Niall, go get my laptop.” I looked at Niall.

“But-” I cut him off.

“Go Niall. Or else I’m telling Simon.” He jumped out of his seat & sprinted. Everyone laughed at him.

Niall came back with my laptop. He set it down in front of me. I opened it & started it up. I typed in what was on the paper. A video popped up on the screen. Taylor’s face showed.

“Hey guys! So… I bet everyone heard about last night. I’m so sorry ruining the concert last night. I just wanted to play a prank on them. But now I have to pay for it. So this video is to say goodbye.” She paused & took a breath.

“Goodbye everyone. I’ll miss you all. After today I lose all contact with everyone. I’m going to Texas to stay with my grandparents. My brother is staying with his adopted family. Tyler, if your watching, which I bet your not, I love you. Please stay the way you are. Don’t change for anyone. And don’t forget me! I’ll tell grandma & grandpa you said hi.” She wiped away a tear.

“I don’t know if One Direction is watching this but if you are then I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry Zayn for hiding your hair products that one day. I’m sorry Niall for getting you in trouble too. I’m sorry Harry for straightening your hair when you fell asleep. I’m sorry Louis for… actually… I don’t think I did anything to you. But mostly Daddy Liam. I’m so so sorry for being a horrible daughter. I’m also sorry to all of you 1D fans who were at the concert last night.” Tears were falling freely from her eyes now.

“Goodbye!” She waved then the screen went black. I wiped away my own tears. The other 4 boys were silently crying as well.

“When was this posted?” Louis asked. I scrolled down.

“7 hours ago.” Harry pointed out.

“Is she still here?” Niall asked. We all looked at each other. Harry went to the front desk with Louis. Zayn went to find Paul. Me & Niall went to her room.

We knocked & yelled but there was no answer. Zayn & Paul ran over to us. Paul had a spare key to every room. He put it in the slot & opened the door. There was nothing. All her stuff was gone. Harry & Louis came into the room.

“The front desk lady said she checked out around 5:30 or 6:00 this morning. So she’s gone by now.” Louis said. That’s when I broke down. I fell to my knees & cried.

*Flashback over*

“Hey mate, you ok?” Niall asked. I wiped away the tears that I never noticed.

“He was probably thinking about that day.” Zayn whispered to no one.

Everyone knew how hard it was on me since me & her were close. So since then no one talks about it. Whenever it does come up we call it ’that day’. For some reason Harry got really depressed for a few months after she left. Louis told me it was because Harry thought of her as his little sister. He wanted to keep her safe & out of trouble.

I remember how close they were. He always stuck up for her. Like when Zayn was picking on her one time, Harry slugged him in the arm & told him to shut up. Or when she cried he would be the first to calm her down.