The Geek: A Personal Note To The Awesomest People Out There.

The "Geek":

 Synonyms: Nerd, dweeb, dork, weirdo, etc.

 Definition: Someone who has an obsessive interest, and generally does not fit into the socially acceptable box of “cool”; the person who is often mocked for their interests, hobbies, and friends.

NOT the person who claims to be a Geek or Nerd for the sake of the newly discovered “coolness” of being such, the true geek simply is. Without claiming to be one unless called out as one or to stand up for their people, the Geeks roam the halls of Judgment and Bullying on a daily basis; and after a few years, take pride in their names, brushing off the now mediocre attempts at crushing the already fortified pillars of steel that is their self-love. 

See, geeks are some of the best people on the planet. Most people in this category spend a few months, if not a few years in social isolation and self-hate, a sort of limbo where you’re at school, but not there at the same time. However, once the geek finds their clique, the group that they belong to, it’s like finding home. In their newly discovered utopia of Geekiness, the geek becomes comfortable with their people, and soon all people! They can be some of the most wild and fun people you'll ever meet. They support each other, keep each other happy, bring news, whether it's happy or sad, stick together through thick and thin, and look forward to spending time with each other. Once the Geek has overcome their social disabilities, they become a social butterfly, enjoying life and people in a way never understood before. Life becomes better than dreams; and I am able to say this since I am one of them.

I am a geek.

I am a nerd.

I am a dork.

I am a weirdo.

I am a dweeb.

And I'm loving every bit of it.

So stay nerdy, geeky, dweebish, dorkish, and weird, my people. Band geeks, bookworms,  psychopathic drama kids, chorus dorks, tech dweebs, music junkies, and video game nerds. We are Outcasts, denied the "privilege" of being cool. Being an Outcast is the true privilege. To be with a people who accept you for you and love you for the sake of simply loving and being loved is something much more rewarding than the constantly changing, oh so exclusive and emotionless group of people who will throw you out like trash on the grounds that you don't meet their criteria. In our land, you're welcome to be yourself, the person you try to keep in because normal people will look at you funny. Here there is no shame. In here, we express who we are without fear of ridicule from others. In here we shine without a feeling of being embarrassed, we accept the feeling of nakedness and let the world see us for who we are without asking for permission or forgiveness. We don't bend to the overrated and false idea of normality. We decide to be ourselves for the sake of making OURSELVES happy, not anyone else. And it makes us even more happy to share our interests, ideas, and hobbies with a people who will listen with open ears and watch with accepting eyes. Here, we are ourselves.

I am me. I choose to be myself.

All you need to do now is be yourself, and love You.