N.B 34 (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

I looked at him, just in time to see him catch a glimpse of Chloe and Kayla. I watched as his face displayed the biggest smile I had ever seen. I smiled too. His smiles were contagious. I looked at Chloe, who pointed Ryan out to Kayla. Kayla started clapping. It was a cute sight.

Soon all the students had their diplomas. We were all asked to stand up and the parents clapped. The ceremony finished soon after that.

I wanted to talk to Ryan, but my parents rushed to hug me and tell me how proud they were. I was smothered by kisses from my mom and hugs from my dad.

"Look at you two", mom said surveying Julie and I. "I am the proudest mom".

"Of course you are mom", I said sarcastically. I'm sure most moms said that.

Mom grabbed me by the ears and kissed me. "Of course I am", she said.

"Can I go say hi to Ryan?" I asked.

"Say hi? More like..." Julie started talking but I stepped on her foot.

"Can I?" I asked, not that I would stay if they said no.

"Yeah, just come back soon. Your dad is taking us out for lunch", mom said. She was reluctant to let me go. You would swear I wasn't coming back.

I walked over to where Ryan was with Chloe, Kayla and his uncle. He was holding Kayla and she was playing with his hair. His aunt wasn't there. He was in touch with her and she knew his uncle was funding him, but he still stayed on his own. She didn't really accept him, but after trying to convince his uncle to stop funding him, she gave up. He was allowed to see Emily and Sally.

"Hi everyone", I said when I got there.

"Hey baby", Ryan said enthusiastically, smiling at me.

"Hi", Chloe said.

"Hello Rain, congratulations", Ryan's uncle said.

"Thank you sir", I said. "Hi Kayla".

"Say hi Kayla. Remember Rain?" Ryan said to Kayla.

"Hi Rain", Kayla said sweetly. She had the cutest voice, and the cutest little face. She went back to playing with Ryan's hair, the same hair color as hers.

"Rainier!" Julie called my name. It seemed they were leaving.

"I have to go. Nice seeing you guys", I said.

Ryan's uncle nodded.

"I'll walk you", Ryan said.

He gave Kayla to Chloe.

We started walking. We couldn't have gained much distance before he said, "Can I kiss you now?"

I chuckled. "Kayla isn't looking".

He turned me to him and gave me a sweet peck. It wasn't long and I wanted more, but we weren't about to make out in front of parents and other old people, which sucked.

"I'm proud of you Ryan" I said looking into his eyes.

"And I'm proud of you. Look at us, we are graduates", he said. He held my hand.

"For a moment I thought Chloe wasn't coming", I said.

"Yeah, I thought so too. She got held up by traffic cops, something about Kayla's baby seat", he said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He beamed. "I am happy my uncle is here. I owe that man my life. He never gave up on me. I'm happy Kayla is here. She might not understand anything about today, but I wanted to assure her that I'm going to try my best to be a good dad and take care of her.", he said.